AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

hey guys havin trouble with the original 6 disc changer so decided to go for aftermarket so visit to  my local halfords to be told double din head unit wont fit so opted for single din jvc unit 

have wiring loom as well  but after taking dash to bits the lead does not fit the wiring on the car after reading various posts in the forum how do i find out if my car has the amp in it pics would help as i am about to tear my hair out with the whole lot 

A double din should fit. I place on in my IS200. Anyhow, if you remove the glove compartment you should be able to see if the amp is behind it and lower to the footwell of the passenger side. Should it be there you'll need to unplug the lead and attach it to an already purchased bypass lead in order to connect this to your shiny new set.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi, that is bad advice from halfords, you need this stereo facia:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-2001-2005-Single-or-Double-Din-Car-Stereo-Fascia-Facia-Fitting-Kit-/201512923501?epid=0&hash=item2eeb1b316d:g:46MAAOSwSv1XkgTf

which comes with the amplified bypass adapter.

Remove the glove box and there will be an amplifier to the left of the glove box, if i remember correctly its 3x 10mm bolts to remove and then unplug both leads into the amp, connect the larger cable to the bypass lead and run this to the headunit and connect it all up.

Hope you get it all working soon.

Dean

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Hi, that is bad advice from halfords, you need this stereo facia:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-2001-2005-Single-or-Double-Din-Car-Stereo-Fascia-Facia-Fitting-Kit-/201512923501?epid=0&hash=item2eeb1b316d:g:46MAAOSwSv1XkgTf

which comes with the amplified bypass adapter.

Remove the glove box and there will be an amplifier to the left of the glove box, if i remember correctly its 3x 10mm bolts to remove and then unplug both leads into the amp, connect the larger cable to the bypass lead and run this to the headunit and connect it all up.

Hope you get it all working soon.

Dean

cheers dean ye found the amp going back to halfords later to get my £££ back and get the new double din that i wanted 

Good luck 🍀 hope you get it sorted, halfrauds are a pain in the backside at the best of times lol