Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Left my key in overnight in READY position....

My excuse is it was in the garage, our two Golden Retrievers were trying to get in the driving seat and I had bags of shopping.....

This morning I got in the car - it was warm - everything worked - no dead Battery but the radio volume output  was dead. 

Is there a fuse for volume control?

Edited by Beejay
Added data

OK so this morning having left car in garage - all switches off - key removed - no alarm set  I find a dead 12 v Battery - so no lights - icons slow for about 5 seconds then fade away.

Yesterday the car performed normally - no indication of Battery problems.  Now I have connected the charger and all the panels work - INCLUDING my audio volume........ 

Maybe I need a new Battery - someone on here gave a Battery that fits with correct polarity but has higher rating,  so any clues gratefully received Thanks

Slightly confused. 

On Sunday, after you found the car with the key in it and the volume didn't work, do you mean that the volume was at a fixed level that could not be altered?  Or was there no sound from the radio / cd, even when the volume was turned up? It couldn't be that the radio was not tuned in, or no CD was actually playing, could it?  

When you said on Sunday that everything worked, did you mean that the engine started up OK?

Yesterday, when you used the car and everything worked (including the volume), how far did you drive?

welland,

Engine started - I made three trips,  total of about 60 miles.  The day later when I found a dead car which needed a Battery charger, on initially charging I did not disconnect the Battery and the radio volume now worked, so I disconnected the neg earth and charged the Battery  - about 11 hours on a Halfrauds charger. This Wednesday morning all appears normal - except I had to retune the AM/FM radio. Engine started on READY and turned off shortly afterwards. 

Any link to an uprated RX400h 12v Battery site would be appreciated. :whistling1:

Like I’ve said a number of times. There’s been nothing wrong with my RX 400 Battery.. it even works after I’ve been hoisting my disability scooter out the back on my Olympian robot arm ..so no problems there the solution is to just don’t leave the key in the ready position overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The point is I left  the key in all night, in the garage, in the READY position and with aircon on and the car started and ran the next day.

That night i put the car in the garage- - turned everything off - key in pocket- no alarm set and the next morning the 12v Battery was absolutely flat.

Does in the READY position mean the hybrid system was operating? In which case the engine would have come on intermittently to recharge the traction Battery. Might explain why the car was warm the following morning and the car started ok.

The 12v Battery only operates the entry/exit system  and the computers until the hybrid system takes over.