Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen is-F Manchester

I don't use twitter myself anyone on here got an account that can through anymore light on this, seemed it happened back in July anyone here had the misfortune, I'm guessing that's not the actual car in the picture just some generic pic from google.

IMG_0507.thumb.PNG.b231c698ad48b26a5a63d3b4e9196283.PNG

Big Rat

Might be true. I went to look at a Volvo S80 V8 at a garage in Stockport near Manchester and next to it was a Masa red ISF. The guy said it was the garage owners car and parked up waiting to get new keys as it had just been returned by the police after being stolen.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

@stevet Intersting Steve how sometimes these things can be pieced together, makes me wonder if the picture featured is the actual car looks immaculate, so you went to look at an S80 V8 as an aside you may want to speak with @Flytvr on here they are his true love 😁.

Steve what was the name of the garage can you remember?

Big Rat

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@stevet Intersting Steve how sometimes these things can be pieced together, makes me wonder if the picture featured is the actual car looks immaculate, so you went to look at an S80 V8 as an aside you may want to speak with @Flytvr on here they are his true love 😁.

Big Rat

Did someone say S80 V8 😜

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

It was www.bredburyinternetcars.co.uk and they still have the S80 for sale.

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Did someone say S80 V8 😜

Yes, they were on my radar. Lovely engine and very rare. Unfortunately the one in Stockport was in very poor state. Needs a full respray, all alloys in a bad way and brakes just look like lumps of rust. Looks like it's been stood for a long time. Such a shame. 

• Sad 1

@stevet The engine in these was also 'breathed on' by Yamaha as was of course the is-F V8, the Volvo engine was a 60 degree V8 for some reason which tend to be inherently unbalanced so a balancer shaft was added which turned out to be notoriously unreliable and if not caught in time valves hit pistons = empty wallet 😬 

@Flytvr take note 

Big Rat

21 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@stevet The engine in these was also 'breathed on' by Yamaha as was of course the is-F V8, the Volvo engine was a 60 degree V8 for some reason which tend to be inherently unbalanced so a balancer shaft was added which turned out to be notoriously unreliable and if not caught in time valves hit pistons = empty wallet 😬 

@Flytvr take note 

Big Rat

Utter rubbish 😜

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr take note 

Big Rat

The engine was actually built by Yamaha in Japan, the engine was designed primarily to be fitted transversely this is why they opted for a 60 degree angle, although Noble fit it longitudinally and then bolt on 2 turbos!!!!

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr take note 

Big Rat

That only affected the XC90's. By the time it was fitted into the S80's a drain hole was drilled to stop water accumulating on the shaft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevet said:

That only affected the XC90's. By the time it was fitted into the S80's a drain hole was drilled to stop water accumulating on the shaft.

@stevet That'll stop those engine steam cleaners then 😏

I was trying to find how VW overcame there transverse V balance issue in the Golfs and so on as they had had a narrow V as well can't remember what degree it was or whether it had a balancer shaft.

Big Rat

31 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@stevet That'll stop those engine steam cleaners then 😏

I was trying to find how VW overcame there transverse V balance issue in the Golfs and so on as they had had a narrow V as well can't remember what degree it was or whether it had a balancer shaft.

Big Rat

I think the angle was so narrow, either10.5 degrees or 15 degrees depending on the engine that primary balance wasn't such a big issue, it was so narrow they only had one cylinder head that covered both cylinder banks.

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

I think the angle was so narrow, either10.5 degrees or 15 degrees depending on the engine that primary balance wasn't such a big issue, it was so narrow they only had one cylinder head that covered both cylinder banks.

I know you are trying to tell me something here, but what language are you speaking?

• Like 1

I suspect he is referring to the VR6 engine that VW produced for a while?

If so, then it was a kinda hybrid inline/V6 where each bank was only offset slightly.  So, since the angle of the V was so small, all the cylinders could be covered by a single cylinder head.

The block looked like so:

dscn8817_resize_1.jpg.9e68eab25df1d141f74e95dc24a78b0c.jpg

Or he could be talking about something completely different, in which case just ignore this post :smile:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I suspect he is referring to the VR6 engine that VW produced for a while?

If so, then it was a kinda hybrid inline/V6 where each bank was only offset slightly.  So, since the angle of the V was so small, all the cylinders could be covered by a single cylinder head.

The block looked like so:

dscn8817_resize_1.jpg.9e68eab25df1d141f74e95dc24a78b0c.jpg

Or he could be talking about something completely different, in which case just ignore this post :smile:

@Shahpor Ignore not at all that's the one, think it was 2.8/9 litres something like that 6 cylinder normally aspirated engines in hot hatches, the like we will not be seeing again. 😔

I know it made them a tad nose heavy but the noise 😊

🐀

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I know you are trying to tell me something here, but what language are you speaking?

I will spell it out to you next Friday...................

19 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Shahpor Ignore not at all that's the one, think it was 2.8/9 litres something like that 6 cylinder normally aspirated engines in hot hatches, the like we will not be seeing again. 😔

I know it made them a tad nose heavy but the noise 😊

🐀

Had two Golf VR6 Highlines. Loved them. Very creamy engine, but ultimately did have a balance issue. You are correct, it used a balance shaft (to the best of my knowledge).

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

Please speak slowly and use big letters. :)

Sign language.................................

I think we have hijacked this thread...............................

Just now, Mark G said:

Sign language.................................

I think we have hijacked this thread...............................

It's Rattie's thread. OPEN SEASON!!!!! :zorro::yahoo:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links