Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reliability problems?

Was looking on reliability index website before and was very surprised to see that they rate the RX450 as poor for reliability. This is based on the amount of issues after the three year warranty?

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

The reliability index website you are using is flawed and wrong. 

Simple

Enough said.....

Agreed. Perhaps less flawed than the surveys that are entirely based on driver feedback - which are perception and opinion based and often see owners justifying their purchase - but flawed nonetheless.

I believe (but am not sure) that the Warranty Direct index uses cost of repair as well as instances of repairs needed. Thus, if a Lexus doesn't fail very often - but when it does it is expensive to repair - it will achieve a 'lower' reliability score. Whether that means that a Ford - for example - which fails more often but is cheaper to repair would achieve a similar score I just don't know, but logic would suggest that might be the case. 

I agree with all of the above.

You can see that the index is flawed when you find that the Suzuki Jimny, Chevrolet Kudos and Rover 25 all have better reliability indexes than the RX.

I sure don't want one of those.

17 hours ago, Funkyboy said:

Says 58% of claims where suspension and 17% air con no issues really with engine or gearbox 

Thats very very odd. Im yet to hear of AC RX450h problems and suspension issues are probably the air suspension but even then, Ive rarely heard of anyone complaining about bust air suspension on the 450Hs

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ISJason said:

I thought it’s on the premiere model of the RX 450

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think they offer it for the 4RX Premier. Must be to do with reliability for sure otherwise it'd certainly be on there