Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Has anyone bought a SAT NAV update from this place? Seems to get good reviews etc and loads cheaper than getting it form eBay. Also like some other copies you dont need to disconnect the Battery as part of install.

https://satnavstore.com/

• Like 1

So installed he disc and disconnected the Battery for 15 mins. Connected back the Battery and job done. Had to calibrate the reverse camera and re sync my windows but it all took seconds.

went for a drive and all seemed to be fine POI all showing that I have selected and planned a route and that was fine. 

So so far for £25 quid I’m happy. 

Can you confirm all the Voice commands work?

I bought one like this a while ago and although it worked, the Voice system stopped (all of it, even for air con/phone etc).

The seller did correct it with a new disk but it worked for a week then had trouble reading the disk. Due to the faff of removing the disk each time it played up it is now sitting in my garage and the old 2008 original disk is back in.

1 hour ago, chr15gb said:

Can you confirm all the Voice commands work?

I bought one like this a while ago and although it worked, the Voice system stopped (all of it, even for air con/phone etc).

The seller did correct it with a new disk but it worked for a week then had trouble reading the disk. Due to the faff of removing the disk each time it played up it is now sitting in my garage and the old 2008 original disk is back in.

Hi, 

have tried it now and the voice part does not work as you don’t get the beep when you have pressed the button. This doesn’t bother me as I don’t use that functionality. My main aim was to have the updated maps which it does and for £25 quid I am not complaining. 

Everythimg else works no problem so far if I do have an issue I will let everyone know. 

Well, that is annoying.

I admit the voice command is quite useless, but I have found one use for it.  I have set my home to the 'quick access slot 1' in the nav as opposed to 'home'.  It never understands me when I say 'home' but it recognises 'quick access 1' every time. Quick and easy way to set the nav for home.

It would be a shame to lose that functionality.

4 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Well, that is annoying.

I admit the voice command is quite useless, but I have found one use for it.  I have set my home to the 'quick access slot 1' in the nav as opposed to 'home'.  It never understands me when I say 'home' but it recognises 'quick access 1' every time. Quick and easy way to set the nav for home.

It would be a shame to lose that functionality.

It’s strange it works for making call if you have tagged your contacts with your voice etc. 

I can’t remember how to get POI to show when I’m driving normally I have it set for petrol stations and parking etc but I can’t remember how to set it up again. 

out of interest what is the procedure for this update .... I couldn't figure it out for mine.... was told mine was dealer only, they stung me £200 for an update, and still doesn't include some of the roads around me!

Assuming you have a DVD based system, then the disc is inserted behind the clock display on the dash.  There are two pins at each corner that will release the display when pressed.  You then insert the new disc and it will automatically update the firmware if necessary.  Should work seamlessly from there on in. 

3 hours ago, jumbojake said:

out of interest what is the procedure for this update .... I couldn't figure it out for mine.... was told mine was dealer only, they stung me £200 for an update, and still doesn't include some of the roads around me!

So as the below post mentions the disc goes behind the clock face. 

On a genuine disc I’m guessing it will upload fine. On what I had to do was insert the disc then disconnect the car Battery for 15 mins the connect back up.

issue with disconnecting the Battery was I had to re sync windows and calibrate the reverse camera which took 5 mins if that to sort

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, joelfigueira said:

Hi all,

Has anyone bought a SAT NAV update from this place? Seems to get good reviews etc and loads cheaper than getting it form ebay. Also like some other copies you dont need to disconnect the battery as part of install.

https://satnavstore.com/

What was the part number of the one you bought?

There is also this one  - link below

https://www.thesatnavshop.com/lexus-toyota

Found this being advertised on this forum at the top of the page - does the 2015 / 2016 updates but not sure if it integrated into the handsfree so have asked the question

well, now i really do need some help!

followed instructions, Battery disconnected for 15, and dvd won't read disc!

Comes up with disclaimer warning, i touch i agree, and the checking disc, and then back to disclaimer.

I can't eject disc, not sure what to do now.

few web sites say about hidden eject feature, some about removing drive.

any help would be greatly appreciated