Hi, I may have to have the rear shocks replaced on my 2000 GS430. After a bit of research I think these are the required replacements. I understand that KYB might be the lexus part. 

Can any of you good folks confirm:

1. They're good parts to use.

2. That the one in the screenshot is the correct part.

Thanks folks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 14.19.34.png

17 minutes ago, IanA2 said:

Hi, I may have to have the rear shocks replaced on my 2000 GS430. After a bit of research I think these are the required replacements. I understand that KYB might be the lexus part. 

Can any of you good folks confirm:

1. They're good parts to use.

2. That the one in the screenshot is the correct part.

Thanks folks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 14.19.34.png

Ian. KYB are indeed the manufacturer Toyota/Lexus use. I cannot confirm the part numbers, but no doubt someone else will. To be honest on some Lexus models KYB shocks are not known for reliability especially the shaft seal being prone to leaking even at low mileage (20,000), and just over one year old out of guarantee. There seems little in the way of alternatives however.

John. 

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Any idea if there are better shocks to use (that don't cost a fortune!).

Ian

Wow, at that price I'd not care if they only lasted 20k. Heck of a lot cheaper than the 290 each I put on my car yesterday! It's almost 1/5 the price, so that's 100k worst case scenario per one pair for the 450h, and nice new suspension through the life lol

Sorry can't help with part numbers, but, all mice checked out on mylparts.com so perhaps that can help confirm or correct.

• Like 2

It looks as though price depends on wg=here you buy. I've done a bit more research and it looks as though it is the correct part number, Thing is, it's 192.90 from these folks: http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/rear-shock-absorber/lexus-gs-jzs160-uzs161-uzs160-430-283hp_v15577_g900002.html

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 21.03.48.png

Replies are coming through 20 plus hours after posting. Gremlins methinks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rusty Crobar
      I know it's wrong but I do like the idea of cruising to work in this 😳
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192170336908
      Feel free to slate me 😧
    • By GS430SE2
      Fault: "VSC" (Vehicle Stability Control) and "VSC off" warning lights stay on

Car: 2nd Gen Lexus GS430 (UK - right-hand drive vehicle) - 2004 model

How did the fault arise?
      Car ran out of fuel just short of a petrol station. I put it in neutral and manually pushed it, just a bit. After filling up and switching on, the warning lights came on, and ever since then, these warning lights have stayed on. They were never there prior to this pushing - 100% certain.

What have I tried to do since?
      In the central console (between the front seats) there is a button to switch VSC off. That has no effect at all.
      I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. Each time on reconnection, the warning lights come back on almost immediately.
      I have looked for the OBD-II connector, because I read that shorting out pins 4 and 14 of this connector might clear the fault. This connector is supposed to be near the boot-release (trunk-release), but I cannot find it. I have peered underneath and looked for any panel, and used Google Images, to no avail.

HELP!

• By robbyD
      My recently acquired GS430 is losing around 1litre of coolant every 200 miles.
      No obvious sign of an external leak.
      Engine Oil & Cap look healthy. Recent new rad fitted by Lexus.
      Block test was negative.
      Can the exhaust be tested for traces of coolant with a Gas Analyser?
    • By Norm
      I know this isn't the place to sell cars however, i'm struggling to determine what would be a reasonable price for my car as this particular model seems quite rare and no one tends to list them.
      Appreciate any thoughts
      Thanks
      Norm
    • By rattuti
      I'm seriously thinking of buying a 1999 to 2003 (depends what I see for my budget) GS300 or GS430 and although I've done some research and have a rough idea what to look for, I'm reluctant to approach one of these typically small-scale or internet trade sellers to ask for a test drive - so I wondered if anyone in Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire etc could show me their GS sometime and take me for a short drive? It'll be better than visiting a trade seller and wasting their time (in their view) if I say the V8 hasn't got enough of a burble, for example.