Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F Carbon

I don't know about Tokyo or Los Angeles, but I have been few time in Middle East and the sun literally scorches thought clear coat there - yellow headlamps and peeling clear coat on roofs and bonnets is quite common even on white cars. Now if there is metal beneath which is first of all great material to transfer the heat I guess that is just cosmetic issue, but if it is CFRP which is known to loose strength because of UV and unlike metal is great in isolating heat then the end result might be different. 

UV is for sure less of a problem in the UK. But impact damage is the same anywhere. Salt and moisture probably our main worry.

But anyway. Without and technical response from lexus we are all just guessing one way or the other. Which is a shame. I'd be more than happy to be shown my fears are unfounded.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I've no evidence to support this just my feeling that they are too experienced a global company to leave it to chance and them to litigation? 

This is a great example of a top Japanese company and when they get something wrong.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2017 at 7:15 AM, Flytvr said:

I really don’t like it. Looks Halfords to me.

If I ever go the RCF route, it won’t be a carbon model.

Having said that, each to their own 😄

Did I say that? Surely not.......:whistling:

Just off to Halfords  :wink3:

• Like 1

[mention=54052]Comedian[/mention] [mention=56229]Flytvr[/mention] , I was trying to distract him from staring at his new Skunk [emoji8]
[emoji232]

Saw a badger earlier and thought.....reminds me of something [emoji848]

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@ComedianAh right Sean allow me to assist you with that................... this perhaps..............IMG_0571.thumb.PNG.65fdaf0530b0f20df9e3c1cb5311d612.PNG

Oh no it's actually @Flytvr Davi's 'Stoke Skunk' ................... I meen badger oh never mind 😂

🐀

The pair of you - X military types - need I say anymore?  :wink3:

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2017 at 8:00 PM, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Quick off the mark there....... well as we told you "Skunk Works" for us 😏

🐀

Thankfully the Skunk jokes have now been replaced by Vauxhall Calibra jokes!!!

B4560747-2B49-48FA-BCA8-26D722ABFBF7.jpeg

• Like 1

@Flytvr The Calibra was a good car it may have been a cavalier with its best suit on but it had a brilliant selection of engines.

Anyway any car designed by a man with a name like Wayne Cherry has to be good hasn’t it.......

🐀

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr The Calibra was a good car it may have been a cavalier with its best suit on but it had a brilliant selection of engines.

Anyway any car designed by a man with a name like Wayne Cherry has to be good hasn’t it.......

🐀

At the time, I'd have struggled. V6 or 4x4 Turbo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Davi don't feel to bad about this stuff @Comedian has done some 'tasteful' mods to his Rcf he asked me to keep quiet about it............... but I just cannot wait to share I'm sure he won't mind :whistling1:

IMG_0674.JPG.25fe71b3aa8b6794b3bc3c90f3cb924c.JPG

Big Rat

WTF!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Davi don't feel to bad about this stuff @Comedian has done some 'tasteful' mods to his Rcf he asked me to keep quiet about it............... but I just cannot wait to share I'm sure he won't mind :whistling1:

IMG_0674.JPG.25fe71b3aa8b6794b3bc3c90f3cb924c.JPG

Big Rat

Oooo! Now, that I like! :yahoo:

• Like 1