Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will it fit ? Pictures anyone ?

Goldwyn

Hey again!
browsing the magical internet i stumbled on this bumper
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Bumper-Lexus-IS-XE20-05-13-F-Sport-Facelift-XE30-Design-Fog-Lights-Grille-/232509222499?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A250&hash=item3622a12e63:g:la8AAOSwlHBZ0eh7

It clearly says it will fit the Is mk2, but my question is will it fit directly without any extra modifications ?

cause i really like the new front bumper on the newer IS, this would be much more affordable than a newer car.
Also would anyone happen to have installed it ? cause i really would like to see how well it fits the older gen IS.
Also will the fog light connectors just be plug n play ?

Thanks!

Well that's a find, I've not seen any discussion about it on the LOC. 

It won't fit IS250 with Xenons as there's no provision for the headlamp washers. Also you would have to drill holes for parking sensors if you have them.

Worth contacting the seller, for before/after pics etc?

Not cheap though, cause you'll have to pay for paint as well as fitting.

Edit:

Looks like a chinese import

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-style-front-bumper-for-Lexus_60267966398.html

Edited by bobmc
  • Like 1

As far as I know even genuine panels does not directly fit without fiddling around, as such aftermarket chinese product will need to be modified quite a bit to fit "correctly". 

I would expect to test fit it, cut and drill it in several places before both screw holes and all the lines align, then have all bumper sanded down, filled and painted - so almost custom job, definitely not bolt on part. Same can be said about all other thing that should go on it like your mentioned fog lights or things like headlight washers.

• Like 1

For me it would be abit easyer since i ive got halogens ( no washers ) also i got no parking sensors, and i got a friend who`s a very skilled painter.
The only problem would probably be the fitting, and i have never done any "body kit" work. So i got no experience in that area.

It would be very tempting to order 1 and give it a go, but since its not just plug n play i wouldn't really wanna waste money on it if it would end up in a scrap yard.

Think i need to wait on next months paycheck and sleep on it....still would love the facelift :ohmy:

Maybe it sounded scary, but that is kid of thing you would expect to do with any aftermarket bodykit. I personally would prefer IS-F "lookalike", but obviously everyone have their taste when it comes to mods.

• Thanks 1