Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Couple of Questions Around Headlights

Hi 

I've owned my IS for a few months now, I have a couple of questions around the headlights. 

1) On my previous cars with xenon's when the headlights come on, everytime you would see the beam go up and down whilst they self level. My Lexus doesn't do this they just stay level, is this right?

2) The bulb temperature is quite a yellow colour for my liking and doesnt match the LED day time runners or Fog lamps. Has anyone changes the bulbs for a different colour temp? if s was it easy enough to do?

Cheers for your help again guys

Carl

They are LED on the 2017 model however I’d still expect them to do this on early models however doesn’t look like they do. That’s fine just wanted to make sure they arnt broken as it does seem strange 

19 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Hi 

I've owned my IS for a few months now, I have a couple of questions around the headlights. 

1) On my previous cars with xenon's when the headlights come on, everytime you would see the beam go up and down whilst they self level. My Lexus doesn't do this they just stay level, is this right?

2) The bulb temperature is quite a yellow colour for my liking and doesnt match the LED day time runners or Fog lamps. Has anyone changes the bulbs for a different colour temp? if s was it easy enough to do?

Cheers for your help again guys

Carl

1) Yes correct, they do just come on. 

2) They appear yellow from inside the car which I find odd because from outside, they look the same colour as the DRLs on the wifes IS. 

• 1 month later...

No it's not the windscreen, you can clearly see they are HID when driving but if you get out and look they arnt the same colour as the day time runners. Also I have the f sport with LED fogs and the colour temp of the HID headlights are worlds apart 

On 30/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, Carl1983 said:

No it's not the windscreen, you can clearly see they are HID when driving but if you get out and look they arnt the same colour as the day time runners. Also I have the f sport with LED fogs and the colour temp of the HID headlights are worlds apart 

Odd - mine are very similiar on the outside in terms of colour.

Any chance bulbs have been changed from original?

15 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Well I've only owned the car for 8 months so it's an option I guess. Do the headlights match your LED fog lamps then?

Never used the foglights - but they match the DRLs on ours. Ours was 2 years old when bought though so maybe its our bulbs that have been changed!

Im one of those that flashes people with foglights on when not needed - and yes, I did it in the RX and some guy literally just stopped in the road - I presume the LED full beams on the RX blinded him

No either am I but when I come to use them it annoys me that they are a completely different colour to my headlights. I've tried to get a pic to show you but the camera can't pick it up correctly 

12 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

No either am I but when I come to use them it annoys me that they are a completely different colour to my headlights. I've tried to get a pic to show you but the camera can't pick it up correctly 

You could always change them if you wanted to although Im not sure whether it'd be a D2S or D4S bulb

I would expect you need something with 6000K colour.

Not my pic but mine looks exactly like below. When I look hard enough, yes, maybe the LED foglights have a blue tint to them compared to the headlights but the DRLs are the same colour as the headlights

ImageUploadedByLexus OC1451155907.038456.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links