Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pop Up Hood - A good news story

I had a very minor collision on the way to work this morning when I ran into the back of another car at a roundabout (The usual - he moved off then decided to stop even though the road was clear!).  Anyway, no physical damage at all to either car so nothing to report.

However, when I got back into my car the dreaded Pop Up Hood failure was indicating on my dash.

Having read lots of horror stories on here about £3k repair costs even without any physical damage, I hesitantly rang my local dealer (Lexus Teesside) and spoke with Andy Pederson (their service manager).  He advised me to bring the car straight in and they would have a look at it for me.

I am very happy to report that the good news is, less than 1 1/2 hours later, the indicator has been reset and the system has been given a clean bill of health.  Not only that, there was no charge at all and the car has been valeted inside and out!!!

Now that's what I call great service!

Thanks to all involved at Lexus Teesside but in particular to Andy Pederson and the technician that helped me out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sheri1 said:

I had a very minor collision on the way to work this morning when I ran into the back of another car at a roundabout (The usual - he moved off then decided to stop even though the road was clear!).  Anyway, no physical damage at all to either car so nothing to report.

However, when I got back into my car the dreaded Pop Up Hood failure was indicating on my dash.

Having read lots of horror stories on here about £3k repair costs even without any physical damage, I hesitantly rang my local dealer (Lexus Teesside) and spoke with Andy Pederson (their service manager).  He advised me to bring the car straight in and they would have a look at it for me.

I am very happy to report that the good news is, less than 1 1/2 hours later, the indicator has been reset and the system has been given a clean bill of health.  Not only that, there was no charge at all and the car has been valeted inside and out!!!

Now that's what I call great service!

Thanks to all involved at Lexus Teesside but in particular to Andy Pederson and the technician that helped me out.

A good news story that is pleasing to hear.Well done LexusTeeside.

Although my car was supplied by Lexus Teesdie to its first owner, I have no connection with them.I just enjoy good outcome stories.

That is a good news story and well done to all at Lexus Teesside.  Funnily enough, I spoke to Andy Pederson this morning to book my IS250 in for the long awaited airbag recall and I cheekily asked if they would look at my dashboard rattle at the same time with view to replacing the clips, which they've agreed to do without any hesitation or prevarication at all. So top marks from me as well

i had the same happen to my IS330h in jan this year a skoda paramedic rolled back into me and set the pop up hood failure alarm off

annoying as you can only clear it for about 60 seconds before it comes back on,luckily i had my carista app on my phone and

reset the 2 airbag alarms relating to the pop up hood, apparently its a common place alarm to see, even if your car is off

you can still get the message if someone has knudged your in a carpark when the ignition is turned back on.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 5:31 PM, 200h said:

i had the same happen to my IS330h in jan this year a skoda paramedic rolled back into me and set the pop up hood failure alarm off

annoying as you can only clear it for about 60 seconds before it comes back on,luckily i had my carista app on my phone and

reset the 2 airbag alarms relating to the pop up hood, apparently its a common place alarm to see, even if your car is off

you can still get the message if someone has knudged your in a carpark when the ignition is turned back on.

Hi. Do you know what caused the warning to go off, as in what sensors detected it?  I have had it come on with mine, after a very minor front nearside corner toucher.  It cracked the bumper around the headlight washer causing the washer to fall inside the bumper. The bonnet did not explode on me!   Just the warning 'pop-up hood '  I haven't looked into it yet but hopefully it is just a reset or a new sensor as I believe it is mounted next to the headlamp washer.  Will Techstream reset it, as I have just ordered a tech stream module?

HI Neil

my bumper didn't suffer from even a scratch but the pop up bonnet failure message came on

i am sure techstream will be able to reset it, as its toyota / lexus main dealer software.

apparently its a really common msg to come on your dashboard as the sensors are very sensitive.

popup msg.jpg

3 hours ago, 200h said:

HI Neil

my bumper didn't suffer from even a scratch but the pop up bonnet failure message came on

i am sure techstream will be able to reset it, as its toyota / lexus main dealer software.

apparently its a really common msg to come on your dashboard as the sensors are very sensitive.

popup msg.jpg

Thats the message !      I will put my washer back into position and then have a go with the Techstream when it is delivered..   Does it specify pop-up hood in the software or is it under some other setting?  

look in the log for error codes and then clear them ,with carista it mentioned there where 2 airbag faults to clear

after erasing the codes i never saw the msg again,one thing that annoyed the heck out of me when it 1st happened

was not being able to hide the msg you'd clear it then 5 minutes later it appeared back on the dash.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, 200h said:

look in the log for error codes and then clear them ,with carista it mentioned there where 2 airbag faults to clear

after erasing the codes i never saw the msg again,one thing that annoyed the heck out of me when it 1st happened

was not being able to hide the msg you'd clear it then 5 minutes later it appeared back on the dash.

Thanks. Will give it a go when the tech stream arrives.