Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC Arrived.

wendle

Yep as said already, wonderful colour! I had a test drive last month with both the V8 and LC500h! I know which one Id choose, definitely the V8 as I couldn't stop smiling although did find some of the gearing was a bit long - was doing about 70mph in 3rd! 

Those wheels look great in Chrome but seem like they'd be very picky on how they're cleaned, what chemicals are used and particularly if they get kerbed!

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Yep as said already, wonderful colour! I had a test drive last month with both the V8 and LC500h! I know which one Id choose, definitely the V8 as I couldn't stop smiling although did find some of the gearing was a bit long - was doing about 70mph in 3rd! 

Those wheels look great in Chrome but seem like they'd be very picky on how they're cleaned, what chemicals are used and particularly if they get kerbed!

kerning is a real issue, Lexus don't offer tyre and wheel insurance on the LC.

Although initially they weren't going to offer wheel insurance on the RC-F,  until the smart repair people worked out how they were going  to repair them, as the dealership said there is always a way but in the early days it might not look to pretty.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Martin F said:

So as you've had your beauty for over a week now any further comparisons to your old RCF? 

So far the car has not let me down expectation wise, i did have a minor alarm issue, but hopefully that has been resolved.

The LC steering seems a lot more precise, this is mainly due to the rear wheel steer, the car acts and drives a lot like my old GS450h.

Its a lot easer to get in and out of the LC, the seats although bolstered are not as high as the RC, plus the sill hight is a lot lower, the only slight issue is that the doors a longer so you need a bit of space next to you to get the doors wide open, so things may be slightly more difficult to get in and out if your parked in a tight space.

The LC is very smooth compared to the RC, the gear changing seems more precise although i have found a couple of times it has got confused on which gear to use, mainly when your traveling slowly, 10/15 mph then go to accelerate. i have only done one short 70mph trip, but the car was very quiet at this speed.

The seats thenselves are very comfortable and supportive , and with the aIcantara inserts your not going to burn your bum in the hot weather, I have only used the heated seats once so far and they are 100% better that the RC which i found to be nearly non excitant

The infotainment system does take a bit of getting use to, although you can say this about any a new gadget you buy, but its no way near as complicated as a lot of reviews make out, the problem with the reviewers is that they probably only have the car for a few hours or a day, not enough time to really get to use it, no, there isn't switches for the heated/ventilated seats and you do have to go into the system to switch them on and of, but it does have a concierge function which when activated and set up, will automatically adjust the heat of the seats and steering wheel depending on the outside temperature and the inside temperature you have set, you don't even need to have the heating system on for this to work, it will also adjust the cooling of the seats in the same way.

The RC-F was a great car and i don't regret having one, but the LC is a lot more comfortable to drive, smoother and when set in comfort mode a lot more comfortable ride, but then if you want to you can put it in sports mode and your back in a RC-F, although even in this setting i don't think it is as firm a ride as the RC was. 

So over all i am a very happy Bunny.

for anyone who may be interested hear is a link to the LC'S detailing 

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/new-car-protection/lexus-lc-500-v8/?utm_source=UF+Newsletter+Subscribers&utm_campaign=662dca843a-Oct+Three+2017+-+Dodo+Juice+Menthol+Giveaway&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1b3f443310-662dca843a-60208701

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning motor ,looks brilliant in that colour combination , thanks for the link to the detailing ;

Not for me  !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            1  I could not take it out of the garage if it was raining                                                                                                                                              

2 It would cost me my licence   :smile:            Enjoy

Dave

53 minutes ago, bvhout said:

Hi, I've ordered a structural blue one. I looked for an appropriate number plate and would have loved to find yours. Nice touch.

Thanks Ben,

The Blue is supposed to be a amazing colour, my RC-F was blue so i wanted to have a different colour and fell in love with the Red on the LC

How long have you got to wait for it,?

Have a look here Ben, you find something you like

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/prefix-number-plates.html?numbers=50&letter1=O&letter2=L&letter3=C&action=results&pricefrom=0&priceto=&prefixmatches=141&searched=true&openoption=yes&language=en&prefix2_x=40&prefix2_y=28&super=lc50olc&super_pricefrom=0&super_priceto=&origp=L&orign=50&origl=OLC&research=1&prefix=&fpsearch=1

Hi, I've ordered a structural blue one. I looked for an appropriate number plate and would have loved to find yours. Nice touch.
Maybe of interest LC 5. 1LEX
67b5ae59e925e61dbe06259b33670dba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for this. I hadn't thought of those and bought  L500LLC. 

The car is expected to be delivered on December 19 but I'm gonna wait one more day to pick it up as the 20th is - quite coincidental - my birthday.

There is one with the white/blue/orange interiror for sale, about 12 miles from where we live. I had a look at it. In all honesty, I think it's beautiful but it doesn't go that well with the white exterior. So I have to wait and see. 

Yours,

Ben

Mine is white with the red and black interior which go together really well.

The white paint shows the exterior black parts really well. The all black interior is a little dull for me.

Structural blue probably would have been my first choice but it wasn't available when I ordered mine.

Have you actually seen that colour in the flesh?

LC500hSide.JPG

• Like 3

Yes, I agree that with the white outside, the black/rose interior is the best option.

I have ordered the Sonic Red with all black inside as no other interior option seems possible to me with this exterior colour. I have gone for the glass roof, however, to brighten it up a bit inside.

• Like 1

@malcolmw Great colour choice absolutely fantastic cars, was fortunate enough thanks to Lexus Cheltenam to have extended loan drives in both the 5.0 and the hybrid very impressed with both, permit me a couple of pictures of our day.....

IMG_3037.thumb.JPG.9db685e368cde9bf2502c8776cf20e50.JPGIMG_3039.thumb.JPG.0f37ac89400a341ebdde9b1f507e9ad1.JPGIMG_3043.thumb.JPG.ae0121240fc522108dcf8a148e60ab9f.JPGIMG_3045.thumb.JPG.5720ba97b58a6a561a7013f6f43bb106.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

Great colour choice absolutely fantastic cars, was fortunate enough thanks to Lexus Cheltenam to have extended loan drives in both the 5.0 and the hybrid very impressed with both, permit me a couple of pictures of our day...

which one would you buy?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, talaipwros said:

which one would you buy?

@talaipwros Ah yes one of those head and heart decisions, for me it’s easy it’s the V8 I’ve always been a car man and as long as these engines are produced I’ll be buying.

I’ve bought similar priced cars New in the past I just won’t do it anymore prefer putting it in houses, typical builder !

Lots of lovingly cared for used ones out there as time goes on 👍

Big Rat