Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.

I would like to replace my interior bulbs the ones in the foot well at the front with new LED bulbs but was hopping for some advise.:smile:

Now does anybody know what bulbs they are and if they can be replaced or is it a complete new part needed i have changed before on other manufacturers cars but as iam new to Lexus so not sure.:mellow: and the handbook does not mention them from my looking at the book.

Also slightly off topic iam after a set off the ali pedal covers spoke to dealer he said only available on F version and probably be new complete pedals:huh:

I have looked on eBay and had a good scout around but not keen on sending to Taiwan for a set:unsure:

All info most welcome thanks.

65mike

Hi @65mike I just fitted three of these (in white!) in the front dome lamp of my IS, I bought a few different LEDs to try and these a nice even, bright ~6000K white light with no hot spots or points of light. The dome light assembly needs end lighting LEDs like these as they are fitted pointing down.

I actually fiddled about and modified one to work @ 90° in the vanity lights (bulbs fit sideways), although I may have wasted my time as it appears that the switches activated by the mirror covers are a bit intermittent.

I haven't looked at the rear dome yet as that uses a couple of 28mm or 31mm 'festoon' bulbs with end caps (why not W5W like the front?) and they're not so common.

For a laugh I've ordered a set of these! to have a play with! All tthe reviews seem crap! Non matching colours, dying after a few days, but hey for £2.50 who cares!

Andrew

Oh, and the dome light is a bit fiddle to take out, use a penknife or similar on the rear edge of the cover in front of the lamps and it swings open revealing two screws that hold the housing up in the roof. then there are two trim clips at the rear corners, best unclipped with a forked trim removing tool. The bulbs are in little twist to remove holders on top of the PCB.

The vanity light housings left & right both unclip at their left hand side.

That said my brother did his IS by unclipping the dome light lens and accessing the bulbs that way........without removing the housing.

Andrew

2 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

Thanks C Andrew Green i assume the floor ones by the feet are W5W then  which seems a handy thing will look into ordering a pair.:wink3:

Thanks. 65mike

Order a handful and do your dome light too, they're cheap enough.......Interestingly the drivers side footwell lamp on my 2007 IS is already an LED? Maybe the previous owner changed it?

You can get 'complete' kits on eBay - 13 or 15 pieces - quite a few on offer.

Do make sure you know how to get at the dome bulbs before you start prising with screwdrivers, etc - do not use metal tools. (Except for the screws, obviously, which you get to after you've removed the outer cover). Check the workshop manual. You can get plastic trim removal kits - consist of several different types of levers. Check eBay or amazon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links