Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I’m looking for help/guidance 

what tyres? Been to my local tyre place (two brothers from school) quoted me £65 each for two fronts (tracking) now question is

they say Nexen are a branded tyre as are khumo, nexen have a budget brand that uses their older style tread pattern......speed rating is 180mph

now they are saying khumo £120. Bridgestone £180 but are telling me they’re equally as good as the others......speed rating, bs kite marks etc etc

as I’m considering selling on do what tyres do I buy?

the old faithful V70 has only ever had budgets, never had an issue with them, always viewed as having bs kite marks etc etc

Cheers gents

@Womble72 As always Matey you pays your money you takes your choice, the tyre stating the obvious is our only contact with terra ferma and at anyone time each is touching the tarmac on an area about the size of the palm of your hand !

So for me I stick with what the car came with -  no more no less -  OEM Bridgestones.

I get them for £165.00 each all in for the fronts and £150.00 each for the rear in my book can't go far wrong.

Big Rat

22 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Paul.if your selling the f , I surpose it doesn’t really matter.but it’s Bridgestone for me to

So undesided, can’t find anything that fits the bill that I actually like, but the F just doesn’t get used enough, if my numbers come up then that’ll be a different cenario 😉

12 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Paul I think the carbon one is sold. I’m in no rush matey . Probably leave it now till spring next year . 

Can’t believe ur thinking of selling your gem on 

Its only my personal opinion but i always look what tyres are fitted to any car i'm thinking of purchasing and think it can often say a lot about how the car has been looked after.

I think a premium car deserves a premium tyre.

32 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Its only my personal opinion but i always look what tyres are fitted to any car i'm thinking of purchasing and think it can often say a lot about how the car has been looked after.

I think a premium car deserves a premium tyre.

This is an excellent point and what the 'experts' say.  Even worse, mixed tyres.

One thing to consider is that an F isn't the easiest car to sell, so why put off any potential buyer with unheard of tyres?

If I was in your shoes Paul, I'd go for the cheapest premium tyre you can get.

Be sorry to see you go fella :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

This is an excellent point and what the 'experts' say.  Even worse, mixed tyres.

One thing to consider is that an F isn't the easiest car to sell, so why put off any potential buyer with unheard of tyres?

If I was in your shoes Paul, I'd go for the cheapest premium tyre you can get.

Be sorry to see you go fella :)

Dav,

I’m not prepared to move the car on until I find a replacement that suits my needs, possibly not gonna happen 😉.......there isn’t anything I like as much, needs are a large xc90, ML, shogun 😔.........did consider the ML63.........needs to house the dogs and have AC in the boot area as Spanish trips are often n mutts come too 🙄

2 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Can’t believe ur thinking of selling your gem on 

I have a spare set of tyres, the larger sizes popular on here, vredstein on back, Hankook on front, need them out the way. You can have them for a snip or just two of them etc... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I have a spare set of tyres, the larger sizes popular on here, vredstein on back, hankook on front, need them out the way. You can have them for a snip or just two of them etc... 

Hi Mark, 

yes very interested, whereabouts in bucks are u?

im in east London most days so could pop in after work one day,

thanks,

Paul

14 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Womble72 As always Matey you pays your money you takes your choice, the tyre stating the obvious is our only contact with terra ferma and at anyone time each is touching the tarmac on an area about the size of the palm of your hand !

So for me I stick with what the car came with -  no more no less -  OEM Bridgestones.

I get them for £165.00 each all in for the fronts and £150.00 each for the rear in my book can't go far wrong.

Big Rat

I’m with you there Ratty regarding oem Bridgestones.

As a road car, I’ve never felt the need for more traction / better performance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Hi Mark, 

yes very interested, whereabouts in bucks are u?

im in east London most days so could pop in after work one day,

thanks,

Paul

31 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’m with you there Ratty regarding oem Bridgestones.

As a road car, I’ve never felt the need for more traction / better performance. 

I usually decide by the rating, no doubt the Bridgestones are good but often b or c rated wet grip. My car feels much more assured on the Conti's, compared to the vredsteins the car came with.... 

• Like 1