Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Boot Size and Differences V8 vs Hybrid

malcolmw

I see from the detailed specs that the boot on the hybrid is smaller to accommodate the batteries.

Can anyone who has the hybrid comment on whether you can get two small "weekend" type suitcases in it? It seems likely but you really need to try it out and my local dealer only has a V8 demonstrator.

On a general point, what are people's views on the V8 vs the Hybrid?

I have got a hybrid. The boot is shallow in both the V8 and the hybrid. The V8 has a bit more depth, you should be able to get a couple of small cases in either of them. 

In real life driving the hybrid is quicker as it has got much more torque at low revs. Ultimately the V8 is quicker but it needs very high revs before it does much. Good on a track but in normal driving it isn't practical to drive at maximum revs all the time. The hybrid is also far more economical. 

I test drove both last month. V8 for me although I didn't get the gearing. It was doing 70mph in 3rd with 3k revs to go.

I also downshifted the sh*t out of it and it certainly roars! 

i don't think the boot space is adequate for a family holiday, as mentioned a couple of medium  size suit cases can fit, the boot is shallow, but then you can't really comfortably fit 4 people, so two cases would be enough.

As for the difference between the hybrid and V8, i think it all comes down to preference, you will need to drive then both to make up you own mind.

The millage i do, the m.p.g is not much of a issue for me, but the way i drive and the journeys i do practically I should have got the hybrid, buy O boy that V8 sounds good. 

I checked the boots when there were two parked side by side at Chester. The Hydrid's boot is significantly smaller than the one with the proper engine. In my view, the 500h would not be suitable for a week's touring with two people