Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus main dealer warranty

Could I get some clarification please. If I purchased a, say, 2011 ISF from a private buyer or non Lexus dealer, would I be eligible to get a Lexus main dealer warranty on the vehicle?

Has anyone done this.

Thanks Paul

1 hour ago, Booklands said:

Could I get some clarification please. If I purchased a, say, 2011 ISF from a private buyer or non Lexus dealer, would I be eligible to get a Lexus main dealer warranty on the vehicle?

Has anyone done this.

Thanks Paul

Why not ask the private seller to put it into Lexus for them to say whether they will or wont ?

If they will ,you buy the car and pay for the inspection. If they wont then you walk away.

40 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why not ask the private seller to put it into Lexus for them to say whether they will or wont ?

If they will ,you buy the car and pay for the inspection. If they wont then you walk away.

Mine has just had the air bag recall carried out, Lexus South Woodford carries out a “health & safety check”..........all green ticks on the sheet,........so I’d imagine they would ALL carry out the check whilst the car is in? 

Paul

Sometimes they will sell you the warranty over the phone, so no need to go there.

It varies from dealer to dealer, and might have to do with age, mileage and service history as well.

Mine needed the visual safety check before they would warranty it.

Yes. I got mine from a non Lexus dealer then took it to Lexus Stockport and they put a 2 year warranty on after an inspection. Mines just short of 10 years old but will now be warranted till it’s nearly 12 years old.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Yes.  As other people have said.

It needs to pass an inspection (in my case it had was in for a major service) which meant car was eligible for Lexus extended warranty.

Mine did have a full Lexus Service History + a stamp from a friends garage who does my oil changes every 5k between services and they were happy with that.

My 2008 ISF is now under warranty until April 2019 :-)

• Like 1

Yep they were happy to put one on my last ISF after completion of a minor service, if it has recently been serviced (by Lexus) they may just do it over the phone without any other requirements. Warranty is transferable for a small fee if you sell it on privately which obviously can make it more marketable.

7 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I bought mine Lexus Sheffield January 2016 30k miles on the clock, they gave me 3 years as part of the deal.

🐀

How many times has that taxi been round so far 😂🤣😂

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

I bought mine Lexus Sheffield January 2016 30k miles on the clock, they gave me 3 years as part of the deal.

🐀

**** - and you're already on 60k!!! Impressive!

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Oh no just turned 45k today so I’ve decided to take her to the pub for a celebratory shandy 😇

🐀

Same as mine more or less 44700...............time for a change........................

3 hours ago, Mark G said:

...............time for a change........................

So, what you saying Blue, you are going to start drinking shandy instead of Babycham?

2 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

Jesus. There’s a few nice ISF coming on the market soon  then . I’ve got 25k on mine . Just run in .

Yep, prices are falling like a stone. Give you £12.5k for your's Dave ( @Warrington guy) if stock, £11K otherwise. :wink3:

I got a lexus warranty on mine over the phone, just called up lexus Croyden who are my nearest dealer and as it had a full lexus service history they did it all over the phone and never needed to see the car. 

Been useful to as had the whole sat nav unit replaced with i believe can set you back £££ if that needs replacing out of warranty. 

On 15/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, Warrington guy said:

Jesus. There’s a few nice ISF coming on the market soon  then . I’ve got 25k on mine . Just run in .

Hope so...I'd like to be spoilt for choice!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links