Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, changing plugs proved more difficult than I thought it would, those 3 on the passenger side, what a needless struggle.

Ended up loosening the inlet manifold to get bit more room, and had to unclips several connectors. I'm pretty sure I've connected everything back again, but, when I tried the car with new plugs, it sounded louder than before and not as quick, but could be my paranoia. Hope so.

Will recheck everything tomorrow, but wonder if anyone else had same experience and if so, what was it? Perhaps something I've overlooked to?

I torque set the plugs to 22nm, was only rating I could find, listed for the plugs vs car, anyone know if this is right or wrong?

18 minutes ago, Upex said:

Well, changing plugs proved more difficult than I thought it would, those 3 on the passenger side, what a needless struggle.

Ended up loosening the inlet manifold to get bit more room, and had to unclips several connectors. I'm pretty sure I've connected everything back again, but, when I tried the car with new plugs, it sounded louder than before and not as quick, but could be my paranoia. Hope so.

Will recheck everything tomorrow, but wonder if anyone else had same experience and if so, what was it? Perhaps something I've overlooked to?

I torque set the plugs to 22nm, was only rating I could find, listed for the plugs vs car, anyone know if this is right or wrong?

Correct spark plug torque is 18 nm or 13 ft/lbs.

John 

• Thanks 1

What's the torque for the inlet manifold? Couldn't find anything, so had to free hand it.

Thanks John, although mine at 22nm, oups. Given the washers already crushed, I'll leave them as they are. 

Guessing the extra 4nm won't hurt too much?

Thanks John.

The manifold was on tight, way more than 13ft lb, I struggled to undo the deep recessed Allen bolt near firewall, as had to us a long Allen key coupled with a spanner for leverage, as long Allen bit in socket adapter wasn't long enough. They were well over torqued!

I'll undo and redo correctly today and see if helps.

Thanks, again, your a true font of knowledge of John! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upex said:

Thanks John.

The manifold was on tight, way more than 13ft lb, I struggled to undo the deep recessed Allen bolt near firewall, as had to us a long Allen key coupled with a spanner for leverage, as long Allen bit in socket adapter wasn't long enough. They were well over torqued!

I'll undo and redo correctly today and see if helps.

Thanks, again, your a true font of knowledge of John! 

Robert.

I am happy to be able to help when I can. To me the forum exists to help each other, and keep the costs of repairs to a reasonable level. I have learned much from the forum, and continue to do so.

John

• Like 3