Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tuning

Ibiza-party

Hi guys. Like many of you I'm sure you love the 250 but know it lacks a bit of punch... I know it can't be remapped as such so leaves modding minimal, but what can be done to get it up to say 250/300. 

Imo it seems to lack that 50hp if really should have to get it up to speed with rivals. 

Has many people done the super charger thing? Where in the uk does it and how much is it, all in?

As far as I know nobody in UK does it, I have seen one single DIY supercharged IS250 example and one JD TOM's IS45 (IS350)... that is pretty much it. The cost of the system would be in the range of car cost itself ( whereas IS250 in good shape can be had for £4000-5000, supercharger set-up alone would be like £3000... and only if you lucky, by which I mean if you manage to get set-up right first time without long list of issues).

In terms of power 4GR-FSE (IS250) has very high specific power for NA engine. I agree that it is rather heavy in comparison with some rivals and what it needs is a bit of "diet". Talking about diet it woudl be much cheaper to "weight-reduce" the car, than trying to get extra power.

Personally I find my 250 has plenty of power and is certainly quicker than the official figures suggest. 

Of course it would be nice to have a few more ponies but sadly there's very little if anything that can be done to get it up to 250bhp or even close.

Your best bet is a tank of shell nitro and a K&N panel filter.