Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F v Tesla

I like watch cars dragging... but I must say it is pretty much apples and oranges.

Here is description from video which gives some context:

Tesla Model S 70D Base MSRP $76,000 - 328hp 406ftlbs for 230 miles AWD 4,608 lbs Electric Motors: 259hp Front & 259hp Rear with a 70 kWh lithium-ion Battery Top Speed: 140 MPH

vs.

Lexus IS-F: Base MSRP $60,000 - 416 hp 371 ftlbs - 5.0-liter V-8 23MPG - 8 Speed Auto RWD 3780 lbs Top Speed: 170 MPH

What is not in description is official figures for acceleration:

Tesla S75D - 5.4s

Lexus IS-F - 4.8s

This kind of makes sense, Lexus has both better acceleration and top speed...

That Tesla sounded Epic...  Said no one...  ever ;-)

I was having a chat to my next door neighbour who is buying a Model S (He had a Prius) and I mentioned the noise to him.  I likened it to comparing  ACDC with those pipes you hang in the garden that make an odd noise when the wind blows (ISF being ACDC in case you were wondering)

I then noticed he had a hearing aid.  Which explains why I always hear his wife shouting at him.  Mind you...  I don't have a hearing aid and my wife shouts at me so not sure I have any logic to go on here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We all have 1 so it's easy to forget but whichever way you look at it, the ISF is still a seriously quick car!!  

That being said, I'd still be nervous if a Tesla was chasing me, having been in 1 they are ridiculously quick instantly!!

• Like 1

Saw aTesla ‘X5 Sized jobee’ Clearly I’m not up on their model range, at the Prescott Hill Climb a while back, the way that thing got off the line was phenomenal.

Still like whispering death to pedestrians in the right situations me thinks 🤓

🐀

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Isn't the acceleration limited on the Tesla in 'stock' config? I'm sure I've heard talk of limited access firmware that enables 'insane' mode 

Yes, it’s almost like an Easter egg within the software. Then you have to wait many minutes for the Battery to warm up to the correct temperature for the maximum insane-mode acceleration. I think Chris Harris did a video of him drag racing against a 911R - it’ll be a available on YouTube, was quite interesting as he also reviewed what the Tesla was like road as well as the drag strip.

13 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Still like whispering death to pedestrians in the right situations me thinks 🤓

🐀

and cyclists

At the moment the main threat is Nissan LEAFS driven by the natural customer base who appear to have poor eyesight amongst their armoury. 

• Like 1

Obviously performance is a major factor for me, that's why I own an "F" car, but the sound is a major factor for me, you take away the sound of the engine, especially a V8 and you remove one of the most involving aspects of a car, so what if it hits 60 in 3 seconds........in complete silence..............sorry not interested.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Obviously performance is a major factor for me, that's why I own an "F" car, but the sound is a major factor for me, you take away the sound of the engine, especially a V8 and you remove one of the most involving aspects of a car, so what if it hits 60 in 3 seconds........in complete silence..............sorry not interested.

I just love the colour of your car @Mark G. I'm also a big fan of your exhaust in the way that it is loud with little drone. Impressive!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I just love the colour of your car @Mark G. I'm also a big fan of your exhaust in the way that it is loud with little drone. Impressive!

@Mark G What’s that @Flytvr after all this love in praise, keep two hands on your food, he’s running out of space to hide it in his own door pockets 😁

🐀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links