Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Although I like a quiet LS.....

My Mk 3 LS400 was suffering from flange disease, so I sent it to Demand Engineering (near Ipswich) who repaired the cats (which I suspect do most of the silencing) then put in a straight through resonator, no centre silencers, kept the original rear silencers, and put two 3 inch tips through a cut valance.

Now it sounds great - a bit like a big boat idling, a subtle rumble if you put your foot down, very slight extra noise at 60, factory silent at 70 to 80.

Well worth doing, as it needed a new system anyway.

Thursday it's going to have the wheels done at Wheel Genie in Huntingdon - They did a great job on my Mk 2 LS several years ago. No shortcuts, they take the tyres off and the paint is baked on.   

Wheel refurbishment ...............  I'm still waiting to have mine done .............. excluding the centre caps which I suspect are solid colour right through and I'm not having those painted .........  the wheels are to be firstly acid dipped and then finally powder coated and I'm told they should last 15 years............. given me a price of £250 all-up

The centre caps would be £10 each extra BUT I've said they can match the powder coating colour to the centre cap colour anyway !

Local company in Sittingbourne Kent

Malc

Ah, the name escapes me .............. BUT if you know Sittingbourne at all ?  .............  it's follow  the big orange Powder Coating sign next to the turning going under the Sittingbourne Light Railway road between Asda and the roundabout towards Sittingbourne ........  follow that road and you will eventually find the place amongst the industrial units ......  I was impressed ( first impressions) the guys say they have been in business  7 ? years and the set-up looks professional ...............

Malc

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links