Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central locking

Hi wondering if anyone can help me, I’ve got a 2009 Lexus rx350, this morning my cars indicators didn’t flash when opening the car, the car opened though however tonight the car wouldn’t lock using the key fob I had to lock it manually using the key.. has anybody any ideas why this is happened suddenly, 

Thanks guys, that’s it working fine now, thought it must of been something else as the same was happening with the spare key, changed batteries in both keys and both are locking and unlocking the car fine now! Dippy Debbie strikes again lol cheeers again 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 9:35 PM, Debs said:

Thanks guys, that’s it working fine now, thought it must of been something else as the same was happening with the spare key, changed batteries in both keys and both are locking and unlocking the car fine now! Dippy Debbie strikes again lol cheeers again 

Change the batteries every 2 years and you shouldn't come across this issue again. These batteries only have a guaranteed life of 2 years so shouldn't die within that period but they could last up to 1-3 years afterwards but its luck of draw.