Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shame Rebecca never reviewed the IS-F :(

Just now, Mark G said:

Actually @Flytvr I think I have seen that car around here, don't think it was an 80 year old driving it though, looked nice.........................

It was Jezza's from the Grand Tour.

I wonder how much faster these GSFs than ISFs?

8 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I doubt there is much in it, we will have the chance to find out eventually, I am happy with what I have got, cant see me changing for quite a while..............

26 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I doubt there is much in it, we will have the chance to find out eventually, I am happy with what I have got, cant see me changing for quite a while..............

Be interesting to see 0-60 60-0

On 18/10/2017 at 7:13 AM, Flytvr said:

They aren’t? Heavier than ours with the same engine, just tweaked to produce more horsepower.

I’d honestly be surprised if either an RC-F or a GS-F could out perform a bpu spec’d IS-F.

As for a supercharged IS-F, no chance! :wink3::thumbup:

I know that’s not a fair comparison, but I probably have spent GS-F money on my car, so pound for pound, it’s fair. 

Just don’t get the way manufacturers keep adding weight to their performance models. It’s like the Skyline GTR. R32 was a total animal. Still high tech for its time (first seen in 1989 I believe), but destroyed everything it raced. R33 came along, bigger, heavier and the RB26 was tuned to give the same horses as the R32. Next, R34, bigger, heavier and even more factory tuning to match the R32 output. Not only are the R32 blocks stronger, the tuning makes much better gains, as it’s not stressed as much to start with.

Porsche get it. You buy a GT3/4 etc, no carpet, manual windows etc etc.

I’m not saying I want a stripped out Lexus, but a true performance model would be a nice addition. Sure, I’ve proven you can modify one to release true performance car potential, but why not get it right at production level?! :wallbash:

They’ve done it once (LF-A), but times have changed, and materials like carbon fibre, titanium are more common now. Just hoping the LC-F delivers the goods. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Just don’t get the way manufacturers keep adding weight to their performance models.

Probably because there's more of a demand for the performance model to have all the toys as well as the performance.  It seems a shame more don't do what Porsche does with the GT3 but I guess they'll sell more the way they are doing it.  As a percentage how many people are going to care that their car is 200kgs lighter when for example they have to give up electric/heated seats/air con etc?  Unfortunately probably not many.

10 hours ago, Chuckie478 said:

Probably because there's more of a demand for the performance model to have all the toys as well as the performance.  It seems a shame more don't do what Porsche does with the GT3 but I guess they'll sell more the way they are doing it.  As a percentage how many people are going to care that their car is 200kgs lighter when for example they have to give up electric/heated seats/air con etc?  Unfortunately probably not many.

True, but surely there’s a fine line between performance and luxury? You want toys, but a Bentley Continental GT. If you want performance, you should be able to get it without all the frills no true driver really needs.....?!

Watched an old 5th Gear recently where they had the GT3 against a race spec’d Ferrari. Ferrari had no stereo, seats were fixed back, no carpet, GT3 had all of the bits the Ferrari didn’t, but wasn’t a fatty like the LC 500 is. 

If you ever read this Lexus GB, please give us a true performance car in the LC-F. :thumbup:

FT-1 or new age Supra seems like a damp squid sadly. They co-created it with BMW, it’s likely to be a hybrid, and it’s only available in auto....

Imagine the LC500, lighter, with twin turbo’s or a supercharger as standard, and a 6 or 7 spd manual gearbox! I’d stick with the 10-spd auto personally, but how many sales do Lexus lose to BMW because they don’t offer a stick shift?!

If you want to sell more cars, start listening to what people want.... can’t be that hard can it?! :withstupid:

4 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

FT-1 or new age Supra seems like a damp squid sadly. They co-created it with BMW, it’s likely to be a hybrid, and it’s only available in auto....

That's not necessarily the case 

http://www.thedrive.com/news/13857/according-to-reports-the-upcoming-toyota-supra-will-have-a-manual-transmission

Oh dear, I've just spent 40 mins watching Supra videos...... I've been thinking about doing something slightly daft like taking an A40 classic car racing next year on the basis they are cheapish, fun and are unlikely to go fast enough for me to kill myself....  However, now I'm thinking, if I could find a 20 yr old tuned supra with a roll cage already in it, that wouldn't be so bad, after all, what damage could I do with 1000 bhp???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonP said:

Oh dear, I've just spent 40 mins watching Supra videos...... I've been thinking about doing something slightly daft like taking an A40 classic car racing next year on the basis they are cheapish, fun and are unlikely to go fast enough for me to kill myself....  However, now I'm thinking, if I could find a 20 yr old tuned supra with a roll cage already in it, that wouldn't be so bad, after all, what damage could I do with 1000 bhp???

Lol, my mates old Supra Time Attack shell is up for sale at the moment? Has the cage welded in still, but not much else! :wink3:

Remember it well when it was around 650hp, very cool. :yes:

http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?345364-Rolling-Shell-Track-Road-Time-Attack