Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye IS-F

Hello GS-F

Well I have done it, I have been torn for a few months now, do I want to change the IS-F and if so do I go for an RC-F or the GS-F, no other brand was in the frame, anyway I took a trip to Lexus Cheltenham on Saturday to look at a GS-F they had in stock, I know the history of the car and they put together what I think is a good deal, so its now sat on the drive.

I know its clichéd but I found it very difficult to let the IS-F go, on the way to drop it of I was reminiscing about the trips I had done in it, the runs out with some of you guys and blasts across Europe, it really is an epic car and the GS-F will have its work cut out to match it. There was no one particular reason why I changed it was a number of things and to me the GS-F was always a natural progression.

One last thing, I wont be going over to the GS forum, I am staying here, you will have to put up with me a while longer.

The colour...................do you really need to ask.........................

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I’m of the opinion that consideration should be given by the powers that be that the forum could be ‘F’ ISF/RCF/GSF.

Just a thought what do others think ?

Big Rat

Good shout, should boost activity, with such low numbers the individual forums will no doubt struggle. I'm not sure the RCF and GSF drivers would want to deal with amounts of off topic content from certain members 🤔 😂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Good shout, should boost activity, with such low numbers the individual forums will no doubt struggle. I'm not sure the RCF and GSF drivers would want to deal with amounts of off topic content from certain members 🤔 😂 

@emjay82 I don't who you could possibly be referring to there's a kinda of a link with my last post 😇

🐀

21 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m Oi nowt wrong with Orange here's my last Orange car from back in my youth, SWS 492 S where are you 🤗

IMG_0539.thumb.JPG.e05ce4023337bde4537264b37a389e02.JPG

Big Rat

Mean I like orange , my 73 bug is orange but not sure about it in the gsf. It's certainly right in your face and no hiding out on the road.

Nice Capri btw can't remember the last time I saw one let alone an orange one.

8 minutes ago, mike m said:

Mean I like orange , my 73 bug is orange but not sure about it in the gsf. It's certainly right in your face and no hiding out on the road.

@mike m Yeah your right only messing, find memories of that car , a GSF in that colour I’m not so sure, a Carbon RCF in it looks good.

Im guessing it’s Blue one for you when the time comes, I’m thinking Metallic Grey is something I’d consider.

The fact remains though there will probably never be huge choice !

Big Rat

• Like 2

Mixed feelings big rat, the blue looks great but I've always wanted a white one since seeing the first one in lexus Edinburgh. The titanium gold silver colour I'm not so sure about although I love the Rx in that colour with rose red leather and black is a nightmare to maintain. 

I'm in no rush though, love my isf even though it's not a teenager anymore just turned 20k yesterday lol. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mike m said:

Mixed feelings big rat, the blue looks great but I've always wanted a white one since seeing the first one in lexus Edinburgh. The titanium gold silver colour I'm not so sure about although I love the Rx in that colour with rose red leather and black is a nightmare to maintain. 

I'm in no rush though, love my isf even though it's not a teenager anymore just turned 20k yesterday lol. 

@mike m Yep White last one I had for an extended test drive was white - nice 3125DD9B-CB1B-42D3-902D-E4ED4C22063E.thumb.jpeg.6fa0fabb4945d7ace20c66a1901902c9.jpeg👍 

And here she is 😊

🐀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

Hello GS-F

Well I have done it, I have been torn for a few months now, do I want to change the IS-F and if so do I go for an RC-F or the GS-F, no other brand was in the frame, anyway I took a trip to Lexus Cheltenham on Saturday to look at a GS-F they had in stock, I know the history of the car and they put together what I think is a good deal, so its now sat on the drive.

I know its clichéd but I found it very difficult to let the IS-F go, on the way to drop it of I was reminiscing about the trips I had done in it, the runs out with some of you guys and blasts across Europe, it really is an epic car and the GS-F will have its work cut out to match it. There was no one particular reason why I changed it was a number of things and to me the GS-F was always a natural progression.

One last thing, I wont be going over to the GS forum, I am staying here, you will have to put up with me a while longer.

The colour...................do you really need to ask.........................

Congratulations Mark, you must be very pleased. I’m sure the sadness of letting the ISF go will ease over time. Lovely looking car.  On my wish list one day.

matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

I’m of the opinion that consideration should be given by the powers that be that the forum could be ‘F’ ISF/RCF/GSF.

Big Rat

I was thinking the same thing few times!

That would make a lot of sense as currently IS-F forum is kind of exception, based on current forum logic IS-F, IS mk 1, 2 and 3 should all be in same model sub-forum. Now that would not be great as there are more in common between GS/RC/IS-F than say between IS220d and IS-F or RC300h and RC-F. The only other way of doing it would be to have sub-forum for Lexus "F marque" as per your suggestion, that is as well the way Lexus sees it - they do not include GS-F and RC-F as part of GS or RC families on their page, but instead gave separate page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m Yep White last one I had for an extended test drive was white - nice 3125DD9B-CB1B-42D3-902D-E4ED4C22063E.thumb.jpeg.6fa0fabb4945d7ace20c66a1901902c9.jpeg👍 

And here she is 😊

🐀

Absolutely stunning car, for me this with red leather or blue with black leather is the car to go for, hence when mine came up and the deal and time seems right  then I go for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike m said:

Great car, I had a 2 litre GT in Red. What a car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m Yeah your right only messing, find memories of that car , a GSF in that colour I’m not so sure, a Carbon RCF in it looks good.

Im guessing it’s Blue one for you when the time comes, I’m thinking Metallic Grey is something I’d consider.

The fact remains though there will probably never be huge choice !

Big Rat

Just had a look and it's sonic titanium I'm not keen on in the gsf but lexus Glasgow have one in sonic silver and it looks stunning. These F s in silver might catch on :whistling:

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

And here she is 😊

🐀

Having driven the above car, and been a passenger in @Mark G 's car,  I will say that @Mark G's car is substantially louder!

Also, the blue looks incredible in the flesh!

Congratulations Mark & let us know your impressions when you have lived with it a while compared with the ISF 👍🏻

I’m sure the sadness at parting with the IS will probably  short lived 😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Yes very much this.

The RC forum has also sorts of odd comments about hybrids and turbots

On 19 October 2017 at 3:09 PM, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Excellent idea 👍