Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very tidy but not complete there is a plastic cover missing from the engine compartment that sits forward of the Battery ,

It might sound like I am being petty but these things are important when the car is classed as complete, the other aspect is the wheels are not the original spec .

I have  a mark 4 with less mileage and in similar pristine nick but I doubt it is worth any  were near 8k, the reason being there are plenty of good examples for a lot less.

It might get the price if it was the last of the breed on the road other wise it is what someone is prepared to pay .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Very tidy but not complete there is a plastic cover missing from the engine compartment that sits forward of the battery ,

It might sound like I am being petty but these things are important when the car is classed as complete, the other aspect is the wheels are not the original spec .

I have  a mark 4 with less mileage and in similar pristine nick but I doubt it is worth any  were near 8k, the reason being there are plenty of good examples for a lot less.

It might get the price if it was the last of the breed on the road other wise it is what someone is prepared to pay .

Not petty at all, if they are describing the car as 100% complete and it's not then it can't be 100% OK. £9K is way over its value. They will have it on sale at that price for a long time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

They will have it on sale at that price for a long time.

Not neccesarily, but,  what might hold it back from reaching that price is the fact very few people these days know anything about an LS400, probably never heard anything about them.

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

the reason being there are plenty of good examples for a lot less.

A car in that condition as well as rust/corrosion free MOT history are simply extreamly rare examples in the context of coming up for sale, maybe you could point us all in the direction of the cars you mention for sale!?

As far as a car in that condition being for sale I dont remember ever seeing one since 2008 when I first went LS400

This seller has sold LS400s of this standard before.

I think the right person will come along and pay the price - I remember about a year ago a low mileage Mark 4 was sold by a dealer £12995.

Just as recent as last week a low mileage Mark 4 was advertised for £7k - the advert was barely live (on eBay and AT) for a few days.

6 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

In that case he must know the market 'reasonably' well so I guess he has a fair idea of what it can fetch, its advertised on eBay & now here, it also comes high up on P1 google on search, see link

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=lexus+ls400+for+sale&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

4 hours ago, Eame64 said:

I think that neither original wheels nor a Toyota Battery ( shaped to fit the space in the Mk3 ) detracts from it's appeal very much when thinking to pay that ridiculous price

Malc

If I am to seriously take as read some of the foregoing comments then my complete 36km in better nick than the example we are discussing should be worth at least 12k ,better not tell the wife.

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I think the right person will come along and pay the price - I remember about a year ago a low mileage Mark 4 was sold by a dealer £12995.

Just as recent as last week a low mileage Mark 4 was advertised for £7k - the advert was barely live (on ebay and AT) for a few days.

Cant find it in completed sales. Can you post a link to it?

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

should be worth at least 12k ,

They were not as easy to get in 2011 when I bought this one, not as easy as 2008 when I got my first (I think), the rarer or hard to come by things are the higher the price.

Heres another LS at 5k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-Lexus-LS-400-4-0-auto-1-Owner-From-New-Only-51-000-Miles-/152736797411?hash=item238fd292e3:g:uS0AAOSw1BlZVPh3

really not quite sure what all the fuss is about ...........  it's quite well proven that whatever the miles on the Ls400, even several hundred thousands, you are probably going to be buying a really good car with many years of life ahead.

If you want to keep your car in aspic and never use it to it's full advantage, and enjoy the pleasure it will give you, then by all means pay many many £000s and do that.

But for me the joy is in using the darned thing  ...............  now exactly 200,000 miles, bought it at about 123k miles June 2011 at £1400 .......  minimal maintenance costs to date ........  she's BRILLIANT

Malc

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Malc said:

now exactly 200,000 miles, bought it at about 123k miles June 2011 at £1400

Exactly the same month & year I got mine which was 125k, Im up 173k now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links