Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Commuting in a CT

DanD

On 10/20/2017 at 12:49 PM, DanD said:

I am thinking of buying a 2/3 year old CT for my daily commute, which varies between 80 and 100 miles each day, 70-75% of this being on motorways. I appreciate that hybrids make more sense in town, but on the other hand, I do not want to buy a diesel... and would like to stick to the Lexus brand.

Having driven a CT many a time as courtesy cars, I am not too concerned about the performance - I would be on my own in the car most of the time - or about the firm suspension. I am, however, more concerned about the road noise.

Would CT owners recommend it for this type of commute?

Would I be better off with an older IS of similar value? (bear in mind that I like my toys and would go for a F-Sport or possibly a Premier for the better audio and premium navigation)

Do running costs vary greatly between the CT and the IS?

Thank you.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709229574151?model=GS 250&sort=mileage&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=m12hy&make=LEXUS&radius=1500&page=1

buy this one and sorted

• Like 1