Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Ordered!

malcolmw

Well after test driving both V8 and Hybrid models I have taken the plunge and ordered a car to replace my Aston DB9.

I have gone for the "base" model V8 in Sonic red with black leather inside. I decided on this spec. as I felt the Hybrid was very clever but was not such a balanced package as the V8 with only the Sport + mode  in the Hybrid offering a similar driving experience to the V8 and then with the 6 cylinder engine revving away quite loudly. However, it was interesting to be going along at 70mph on Battery only - quite unlike my RX.

The black interior needs a bit of a lift so the glass roof on the lower range model fulfils this and I don't really need 4-wheel steering or sport seats.  On my test drives, I averaged 23mpg in the V8 and 31mpg in the Hybrid. Pretty good considering the performance.

My verdict in a few words is: Like an Aston V8 Vantage but built to a far higher quality and at 2/3rds the price. The most similar car to the LC I have driven is Merc AMG Coupe. This has the bombproof build quality but is £110K!

Delivery is estimated at 3 months. I will let you know how things go.

P.S. You can get 2 small suitcases in the boot of either model.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Much to my surprise, a parcel arrived yesterday from Lexus. It was a pair of excellent headphones and a link to a personalised website having a soundscape presentation of the V8 at full chat.

Did anyone else who ordered a LC get the parcel or is it just for those who have to wait?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Much to my surprise, a parcel arrived yesterday from Lexus. It was a pair of excellent headphones and a link to a personalised website having a soundscape presentation of the V8 at full chat.

Did anyone else who ordered a LC get the parcel or is it just for those who have to wait?

Yes I received one while I was waiting for mine. I thought it was a nice touch. 

Great car!!😀😀. I am thinking of ordering the V8 version BUT, the top of my head keeps touching the roofline. The salesman has seen this and he has said “ We can contact the factory to have the Sport+ without the Carbon roof”. Hmmmm.. I don’t believe him. 

I am 6 ft 3 inches tall without extending myself! How tall are the people who have ordered and, is the lumbar support sufficient for long journeys. Thanks everyone 🙏.

13 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Great car!!😀😀. I am thinking of ordering the V8 version BUT, the top of my head keeps touching the roofline. The salesman has seen this and he has said “ We can contact the factory to have the Sport+ without the Carbon roof”. Hmmmm.. I don’t believe him. 

I am 6 ft 3 inches tall without extending myself! How tall are the people who have ordered and, is the lumbar support sufficient for long journeys. Thanks everyone 🙏.

I have the carbon roof and I am about 6ft tall and I do not have any issues with the headroom. Are you sure that the seat was set as low as it will go? The seats are very comfortable and I don't think you would have any issues with long journeys.

I would be very surprised if you could order a Sport + without the carbon roof. Lexus seem quite rigid in their ordering process.

• Like 1

I'm 6ft 4 inches and had no problem driving one. I don't think the roof was carbon though. The lumbar support felt as good as the RC-F and I've had no problems with that over 19000 miles

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links