Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This is a nice looking LS430 but I'm a bit puzzled by the Service History which shows a break of four years and 46k miles between earlier services. Unusual?

I also wonder if the water pump has been changed as the cost of the recent Timing belt change does't seem to be high enough to cover all the parts that are best changed by 150k miles.

Still, nice looking car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS430-4-3L-V8-Luxury-Saloon-2001-Automatic-in-Dark-Blue-Metallic-9-STAMPS/152749042418?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D46150%26meid%3De8521efa6957425f8a0ee57882ed120a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D263259304565&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851#viTabs_0

6 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I also wonder if the water pump has been changed as the cost of the recent Timing belt change does't seem to be high enough to cover all the parts that are best changed by 150k miles.

Not every car owner knows they should change the water pump at the same time, so, if they book in for a cambelt change then a cambelt change is all they will get, guesswork on my part. Also, a place in brighton is well recommended here for cambelt change, but, when i asked them for a price they made no mention of getting the pump changed at the same time.........so if an owner does not know about it that 'might' account for things. The car looks great though & no corrosion or rust mentioned underneath.

If I were in for one it's one I would be 'more than interested in but I would not be able to identify probs or otherwise with the air suspension on a 430, which makes me nervous of a 16 year old car.

• Like 1

It does look nice, but it's the same year as mine, and I wouldn't expect to get more than 2k, and with 30k less miles on mine.  In fact I sold mine last year for 2k, but as the sale went pear shaped I kept it, and glad I did!

On a vehicle of this age (to me) FSH means it is serviced every 10,000 miles or once every year which ever comes first - thats how I do mine - I do less than 10k but i still change the oil once every year.

However since the missing services go back may years ago I would overlook that and judge the car on its condition and drive. I would also factor in a Timing belt and waterpump change very soon into the price. As phil says £2k would sound about right.

The air struts are very reliable on the 430s - I would get a second opinion on the "misting" mentioned above.

It certainly looks very tidy and the seller has taken an enthusiastic approach when wriring the advert which is a good sign.

Yes, & yet again the second one (mark) makes no mention of the water pump being changed with the cambelt, I think it's cause the owner has never been given the info to change & Lexus Cardiff just did what was asked of them without mentioning the water pump.

As these Services have been done by main dealerships I'd be surprised if they hadn't checked the Lexus timeline sheet and advised to have the Water Pump changed.  Stealerships not known for encouraging frugality to my knowledge? The belt was changed in December 2015 for a second time, but the Water pump?

Whats the redex additive all about?  Is it Injector cleaner or  a lead substitute?  Any one use an additive to petrol?

to the best of my knowledge my waterpump is original and had not been changed at either of the two previous cambelt changes.............  my Full Lexus Service History doesn't show it anyway

It is next due at 204500 miles ( 100k interval )  ( 4300 miles time, about 4 months ) and I will certainly have the waterpump changed then

Malc