Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Attempted theft of RC-F?

13 hours ago, Martin F said:

I'm curious, did you get any reply or a visit from the boys in blue?

Not a chance.... guy ran into me and I provided clear video from my dash cam of "hit and run" incident, just to be told it is "not in public interest to investigate". I am 100% sure they will only log it and will never revisit this report.

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not a chance.... guy ran into me and I provided clear video from my dash cam of "hit and run" incident, just to be told it is "not in public interest to investigate". I am 100% sure they will only log it and will never revisit this report.

Wrong again Linas !  

See the post just before yours, they have at least acknowledged the pictures and updated the OP. 

8 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Wrong again Linas !  

See the post just before yours, they have at least acknowledged the pictures and updated the OP. 

Maybe I misunderstood, you question... 

Recording crime and investigating it are two different things. Yes they accepted my report as well, but when I chased them on progress they said it is "not in public interest". As per above - yes, they will always take evidence and record crime report with reference number, but that does not mean they will do anything about it. I understood your question as "did they actually investigated it"... to which I say "not a chance".

I was as well told that is "not their policy" to investigate unless somebody was injured, same applies to car theft and theft from cars - they only record it, but it never gets investigated.

Same as above, when I pushed for it Police came back with e-mail that person who crashed into me has not realised it and Police won't bring charges against him. In summary, I am not expecting this story to be ever solved unless OP considering to start working as private detective himself.

I didn't send my pics in to the police expecting a visit or guilty man in the village stocks, being peppered with old tomatoes, by midnight. 

I just sent them the info in case it was useful, turns out it might be.

Anyway - they probably have to deal with someone saying mean things on facebook or twitter.

Theft is one thing but someone somewhere may have been offended :wink3:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my humble Battery version gets enough attention! Too many white vans slow down as they drive past my house, drivers gawping at the car.

Even had the Boys in Blue slow and stop to look... Not me officer, honest!

I've never driven a car that attracts so much attention and I've had some 'nice' cars in the past.

So is the RCF a target for thieves? Got me worried now. I'm stunned how much more attention the RCF gets in comparison to the IS-F.
Turns out they were trying every car and took contents from an open car round the corner.

Yes it does get a lot of attention.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

So is the RCF a target for thieves? Got me worried now. I'm stunned how much more attention the RCF gets in comparison to the IS-F.

Don't think it's a target as their so rare. Do agree that the car gets a lot more attention, looks and comments than my IS F did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firstly I would like to say that I don't no the person or have anything to do with the company selling this product

i don't, no do any of my friends or family make this product

I just thought I would let you all no of a cheep product that would help keep you pride and joy safer.

after reading on this form about potential theft of our loved Lexus cars, and how they can now use a detector from out side your house and scan for your keys anywhere in your house  I decided do give this product a go, and can say that it works perfectly, once the keys were in the pouch I stood next to the car and the boot and doors would not open, I took the keys out of the pouch, got in the car, put the keys back in the pouch and the car would not start, ( a message saying " Keys not detected ).

I brought 2 of this , one for my spare set of keys and one for my general use keys.

At less then £3 each I think it was a very good buy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Keyless-Key-Entry-Fob-Guard-Signal-Blocker-Faraday-Bag-Version-for-Phone/232535957664?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wendle said:

Firstly I would like to say that I don't no the person or have anything to do with the company selling this product

i don't, no do any of my friends or family make this product

I just thought I would let you all no of a cheep product that would help keep you pride and joy safer.

after reading on this form about potential theft of our loved Lexus cars, and how they can now use a detector from out side your house and scan for your keys anywhere in your house  I decided do give this product a go, and can say that it works perfectly, once the keys were in the pouch I stood next to the car and the boot and doors would not open, I took the keys out of the pouch, got in the car, put the keys back in the pouch and the car would not start, ( a message saying " Keys not detected ).

I brought 2 of this , one for my spare set of keys and one for my general use keys.

At less then £3 each I think it was a very good buy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Keyless-Key-Entry-Fob-Guard-Signal-Blocker-Faraday-Bag-Version-for-Phone/232535957664?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thats a good find and certainly cheap enough so theres not really any reason not to buy one