Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Built-in TomTom satnav

Rixelieu

Hi everyone!

I'm considering buying a used CT200 and have found a few interesting candidates. I'd like it to be equipped with satnav since, unlike the Auris, it does not have a standard screen to show the info on the hybrid system, access playlists on an SD card/USB drive, etc.

I have seen that some cars come with a built-in TomTom unit with a different set of controls on the centre console. Does that unit also display the same readouts as the Lexus unit (hybrid system, audio, rear camera...) or is it exclusively a satnav system?

Thanks for the info!

Hi

The built in tom tom is only available on the pre facelift CT advance model. The tom tom display is only for the sat nav. The advance model has a reversing camera and this shows up in the rear view mirror. When you select reverse the image appears on the left side of the mirror. This was the first car I had with reversing camera and although the position of the image is a bit unusual it worked. The advance also has fake leather (Tahara) upholstery. Quite a good specification for the money. It was only available in white, grey or black.

• Like 1

I have the SE L Premier model I mine has Sat Nav,Audio/DVD,hybrid info and many other settings built in. It also displays the rear camera in full screen on it. eb72d5f61ba0b36b029fd346160197dd.jpg

Mine isn’t a Tom Tom though it’s a flip up screen.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to everybody.iam new here and own a ct  200h advance model 2012 few days ago,iam not familiar with the type of car a hybrid.it have the same tom Tom fixed display and iPod type of touch pad but nothing is displayed on the screen except initial Lexus monogram and then goes blank with the display “no maps found “.if there is not coverage of setlite,even then other options would have been displayed.pl give me any guidance if you know about..thanks in advance lol

53295857216__302E3738-6E34-4F63-BF55-944264A31FA6.MOV

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Malik zafar said:

Hi to everybody.iam new here and own a ct  200h advance model 2012 few days ago,iam not familiar with the type of car a hybrid.it have the same tom Tom fixed display and iPod type of touch pad but nothing is displayed on the screen except initial Lexus monogram and then goes blank with the display “no maps found “.if there is not coverage of setlite,even then other options would have been displayed.pl give me any guidance if you know about..thanks in advance lol

53295857216__302E3738-6E34-4F63-BF55-944264A31FA6.MOV

image.jpg

There should be an SD card in the slot to the right of the screen, it holds the maps, traffic camera locations etc. Looks like you have an empty slot there.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, stormchaser said:

I’ve never seen this before. Doesn’t look standard Lexus fitment to me. Unless it’s an aftermarket fitment. All pre 2014 CT had the flip up screens when nav is fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the standard Lexus fitment to Advance models, certainly in 2013. It's a customised Tom Tom unit called Lexus CT move-on I think. Works fine and updates are available fromTomTom at a reasonable price.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2017 at 1:17 AM, johnno said:

There should be an SD card in the slot to the right of the screen, it holds the maps, traffic camera locations etc. Looks like you have an empty slot there.

Thank you Johnno.although its approximately one year late response..lol I am still without navigation and you said very right I don’t have that SD card yet bcs its not available here in my country and if I can manage buying from any European country,its only available for western EUROPE.i searched on eBay used sd cards available there but how to bring here as eBay doesn’t supply the items in my country PAKISTAN.

• 1 year later...
Hello! In my 2012 car, TomTom Lexus CT MoveOn Navi navigation is installed. Navigation does not work because block/module which controls the navigation, where will I go and where can I buy it. Thanks in advance for any information.