Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's this behind my rear view mirror?

thar

Had my car just short of 2 years now and been looking into fitting a dash cam. I've only just noticed this black box thing (in the photos) behind the rear view mirror. Does everyone have one or just me?  Anyone know what it is? 

car thing.jpg

car thing 2.jpg

car thing 3.jpg

Sensor of some sort? Perhaps the rain one?
Seems you're spot on Normski. It's the sensor for the auto wipers. I've never noticed it until today, doh!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep rain sensor. If you want a good oem looking dash cam, go for the spytec a119 and mount it on the right side of the mirror. Display can be set to turn off after few mins so shouldn't distract

15 hours ago, Bob King said:

I have the same dashcam but made by viofo A119 does the job and discreet .

Yes, its a brilliant dash cam - fitted the older model, a118-c to my sons car and its great!

I believe they're all the same, a chinese company makes them and different brands stick their name on it. They all have the same software too apart from the branding of course

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes, its a brilliant dash cam - fitted the older model, a118-c to my sons car and its great!

I believe they're all the same, a chinese company makes them and different brands stick their name on it. They all have the same software too apart from the branding of course

I have the A119 in my Lexus SC430 and the A118 In my Sprinter van...lots of screen space in the van for the plastic cable tidy and to be honest I think a better unit .