Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firmware

I read a few threads that you could download firmware for your lexus before, but it's dealer only now.

I bought mine privately and it was just serviced so i won't be going to a dealer anytime soon. Does anyone have a version they could send to me? I currently have vc03101d so anything newer would be great. Since i bought it privately and won't be getting it serviced i don't think the dealer will entertain me for a free update just yet... May just have to call and ask how much it will cost if no one has it.

A file that you used be able to download from lexus-tech.eu that you could put on a USB key to update the software on the ECU/Nav system. I'm on a very old version and i've read that newer ones are stabler and faster.

Edited by TBi
spelling

2 hours ago, TBi said:

A file that you used be able to download from lexus-tech.eu that you could put on a USB key to update the software on the ECU/Nav system. I'm on a very old version and i've read that newer ones are stabler and faster.

They might entertain you if you say it crashes and it's buggy. I believe there's a TSB out for the older systems but only if customers complain about it to their dealer.

Shouldnt really be charged considering it used to be free.

16 hours ago, rayaans said:

Shouldnt really be charged considering it used to be free.

I just prefer to not ask for freebies on my first visit to a dealer :) I already took a free  test drive then bought elsewhere.

I've read that the system gets updated when you update the maps. This 2015 car has 2013 maps so will buy an update. There is a company (satnavdvd) in UK that sells 2017 maps for 50 quid.

1 hour ago, TBi said:

I just prefer to not ask for freebies on my first visit to a dealer :) I already took a free  test drive then bought elsewhere.

I've read that the system gets updated when you update the maps. This 2015 car has 2013 maps so will buy an update. There is a company (satnavdvd) in UK that sells 2017 maps for 50 quid.

Dont know where you heard that from but thats BS. The nav system and firmware is separate. 

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Dont know where you heard that from but thats BS. The nav system and firmware is separate. 

Actually its true. I have bought the update two years running from eBay (though different sellers) and they both updated the firmware version too. Appears to be the genuine card too!

2 hours ago, johnno said:

Actually its true. I have bought the update two years running from Ebay (though different sellers) and they both updated the firmware version too. Appears to be the genuine card too!

What is this sorcery? I've been updating the system through USB and that's usually what dealers do

A few days ago I sent an email to Lexus UK regarding the firmware situation and they replied....................

On 26 Oct 2017 17:18, "Lexus Multimedia Support" <multimedia@lexus.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the software for your Lexus IS.

I'm pleased to share that we released a new update for your vehicle last week.

In order to have your vehicle updated, you will indeed need to visit your local Lexus Centre. To find your nearest Lexus Centre, please visit Lexus.co.uk and select "Find a Centre" in the top-right corner of your screen.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Warm regards,

Lasse Havelund
Lexus Customer Services

Ref:MSGDEV3808383

I did then send them another email asking them for the version number of the update but all they did was send me the same reply.  I will give my local dealer a call to see when they can do the update for me.  Others may wish to do similar.

Hi

Don't go to Lexus dealer for firmware update.

In Lexus Cork I did full service in April. Cost me about 360 euro. And they charged me 40 euro extra for firmware update (from VC03101B to VC03101G). Two months later I bought new map on eBay PZ445-US335-0M for 60 euro. When I put new sd card firmware was updated to VD12104A.

Buy new map on eBay and enjoy new map and new firmware.

1 hour ago, Leon124 said:

In Lexus Cork I did full service in April. Cost me about 360 euro. And they charged me 40 euro extra for firmware update (from VC03101B to VC03101G).

And I was hoping the dealer would be different than BMW. Ugh...  the same old overcharging... Anyway a fellow cork man. There’s not many of us driving lexii :)

Hi, all just joining the forum after following threads for a while getting myself acquainted with all the fantastic info available for Lexi. After having Lexus company cars in Far East for years (last RX350). No brainer to pick up an IS on my retirement back in UK. Enjoying every minute.

One problem occurs with the infotainment system when playing off iPod and usb media sticks, selection is confusing and slow, music media friend suggested update the Gracenote software, checking out existing software it is version 05642 (1990)

Question is has anybody upgraded their Gracenote software, what is the software version on newer system ?