Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Commemorate 10yrs of the is-F

26 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

That looks like a nice special edition 👍 , I've had a quick look down the back of the sofa and there isn't enough there sadly.... 

BUT, not much money for a builder!!!

Liking the gray, not so sure about the blue interior

26 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

That looks like a nice special edition 👍 , I've had a quick look down the back of the sofa and there isn't enough there sadly.... 

BUT, not much money for a builder!!!

Liking the gray, not so sure about the blue interior

RC-F looks good in the grey, not sure on the interior some of it looks good and some is a little gaudy for me, love the carbon exterior panels, I wonder how much they are, not that it matters, Japan only.

Dislike so much blue leather on the seats and on the wheel. But the interior blue weave carbon looks great! Not sold on the bare carbon sills, but good effort Lexus.

Not very keen on some of that, although generally I don't like Matt coloured cars.

But what the hell were they thinking about with the seats?   Blue trimmed front seats and plain black in the rear :wacko:

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

So the milestone is celebrated with a limited edition Gsf........ looks nice a replacement is-F would have been nicer 😁

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/10/24/lexus-japan-releases-special-edition-rc-f-gs-f-in-matte-gray/

Big Rat

i think this was a wrong move by Lexus... how about a 'stripped' down/ lighter version of the IS-F remove 'unnecessary' toys leaving only man + machine produce 500 units all in matt grey... that would have been a better marketing move than using RC and GS platforms...

6 minutes ago, noby76 said:

i think this was a wrong move by Lexus... how about a 'stripped' down/ lighter version of the IS-F remove 'unnecessary' toys leaving only man + machine produce 500 units all in matt grey... that would have been a better marketing move than using RC and GS platforms...

There isn't an ISF made to remove the 'unnecessary' toys. Plus they couldn't sell the original ISF's they made in the first place so I can see why they are trying a different approach.

34 minutes ago, stevet said:

There isn't an ISF made to remove the 'unnecessary' toys. Plus they couldn't sell the original ISF's they made in the first place so I can see why they are trying a different approach.

rid off sat nav, electric seats, sound proofing, lighter dashboard?? why would you think there wouldn't be a market for it?? so long its marketed well there will always be a buyer(s). limit it to 500 world wide enthusiast and collectors will snap up scarcity sells ..

Lexus is a luxury brand - they sell luxury cars. 

It's like looking round the Ferrari dealer saying "I wish they'd make a cheap front wheel drive 1 litre city car" - you're just at the wrong garage.

Don't get me wrong, I like your idea.......I just can't see it ever happening.

so is this

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709189412524?year-from=1990&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=mk160ay&make=BMW&sort=sponsored&year-to=1990&model=M3&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=200&page=1

This has next to no toys all stripped out... just man v machine

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709289737332?make=BMW&sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=mk160ay&keywords=csl&radius=200&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

why would some one pay that kind on money for one? Answer = its scarce/limited ed. I am not saying it should be priced as such but fact that the chasis is 10 years does not meant hard core enthusiats/collecters will not buy. i still think the RC/GS-F move was wrong. lets see how much of those will sell..

In 2017 there were 11,000 M3 registered.......... 164 RC-F's

Do you have 65k waiting in the bank for a special edition Lexus? If so I'd put it toward a GT3 rather than wait for the big L to make your dream come true.

1 hour ago, noby76 said:

rid off sat nav, electric seats, sound proofing, lighter dashboard?? why would you think there wouldn't be a market for it?? so long its marketed well there will always be a buyer(s). limit it to 500 world wide enthusiast and collectors will snap up scarcity sells ..

Keep all the goodies intact, but they could fit a supercharger...

I'll have 1 in the matt grey for me please :yahoo:

34 minutes ago, Comedian said:

In 2017 there were 11,000 M3 registered.......... 164 RC-F's

Do you have 65k waiting in the bank for a special edition Lexus? If so I'd put it toward a GT3 rather than wait for the big L to make your dream come true.

if you know about cars you would know i was not on about M3 i was on about M3 CSL edition.. read up on CSL eddton and what BMW did to that model and you wopuld see the idea i was trying to bring.

Ignoring the logic that I was showing you how many STANDARD editions were registered- giving an indication to the manufacturer how many specials they may sell.

You just keep thinking....... you never know....... :wink3:

44 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Ignoring the logic that I was showing you how many STANDARD editions were registered- giving an indication to the manufacturer how many specials they may sell.

You just keep thinking....... you never know....... :wink3:

An this is the problem we have these days when you let accountants/sales persons dictate its all about how many sold, future predictions, emissions etc.. this has caused the demise/discontinue  of countless enthusiast vehicles. sometime its not all about how many were registered its about putting your name out there doing something out of the ordinary. the ISF was the first ever high performance car from Lexus imagine how much attention if a lightened version CSL like model was released to mark its 10th year.

and no I personally wouldn't spend my £65k on a new car performance car. , i would invest instead. do you know how much £65k would be be worth in 5 years  if it was invested in facebook shares or bitcoins?? enough profits to buy me a second hand performance car which will just be as fun to drive and wont own the dealer a dime.  but that's me..

So you want someone to buy a new car you wouldn't buy new, from a car company that it doesn't sound like you'd invest in, so you can buy it used, after your safe as houses investment in an unregulated cryptocurrency pays out?

Car companies exist to make money as much as cars. Did you know there was a time Nissan made more money speculating than it did selling cars? Selling cars gave it the capital to play on the market. Then the crash happened. Japanese banks etc. You can read all about it elsewhere.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

My wife will tell you a used rc-f is a waste of money :D

Like I said, I kind of agree that a light version would be good. I was just explaining why I don't think it will happen. Not defending the reasons why.

Back to topic. I think that special edition is for Japanese tastes.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 25/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, Big Rat said:

So the milestone is celebrated with a limited edition Gsf........ looks nice a replacement is-F would have been nicer 😁

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/10/24/lexus-japan-releases-special-edition-rc-f-gs-f-in-matte-gray/

Big Rat

Love the fact that the IS-F wasn’t made an anniversary model, means the IS-F WILL remain the original  “F” car, keeps it rarity and increasing values to follow, Ryo has both and always says IS-F build quality is the number 1. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links