Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Excellent, love the shiny allows, mine seem more matt in appearance even when I have given them a darned good clean.

Long may all your car parking be as spacious (mine has a fair few dinks from numpties bashing into it).

you shamed me into getting my car valeted today ................  but only £25                 AND he uses Aston Martin polish ( is that good i wonder )

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

you shamed me into getting my car valeted today ................  but only £25                 AND he uses Aston Martin polish ( is that good i wonder )

Malc

Strangely enough, me too, I felt I was letting the side down!  I spent a good 3 hours today buffing and scrubbing.

43 minutes ago, dendonc said:

It looks like new, they must have used a flaming top notch paint on these for them to keep on looking great all these years..

I don't know how many cars of this age would look as good as a Lexus.  Mine is coming up to 17 and still looks amazing with a bit of effort.

This is the result of yesterdays clean up.

IMG_20171028_112759754.jpg

IMG_20171028_112821845.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dendonc said:

It looks like new, they must have used a flaming top notch paint on these for them to keep on looking great all these years..

They did! Every three months they take the paint guys back to teach them/re-train! The paintwork is very special.

Should I tell you about the guy who tests the buttons?  Has three sets of fingernails....... It's Kaizen in practice.

They really DID pull out all the stops on these.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, cruisermark said:

Another Mark 4 has been listed on Autotrader with 110k

They are all low milage on there at the moment, no mention of the cat C mileage or why it is Cat c, those can be a bargain sometimes.

If your cambelt has not been changed recently I recommend you get a kit from here, I got one in may, the cambelt is made in Japan & sold through a German company, it is not, as one, ill meaning in my opinion, poster suggested a cheap Chinese cambelt, I doubt there are a lot of these left cause the LS400's are so long obsolete these days

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcambelt+kit+lexus+ls400.TRS0&_nkw=cambelt+kit+lexus+ls400&_sacat=0

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A superb example Phil.At approaching 17, she soon be wanting to go out on her own at night !

Regards

John

We've had this father and car discussion many times.  I've told her that I need to be able to trust her completely.  For that reason, I may park her round the corner rather than on the drive for the night, but I won't give her a second chance if she messes it up!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 3:08 PM, Connor2x4 said:

All in all though I'm happy that it's passed and everything that is down as an advisory should be able to be fixed or at least updated to keep it running for another 20 years!

If it were mine I would get my garage to coat those rust areas with a reputable rust converter to stop corrosion setting in, mine needs some of that doing as well

If it were mine I would get my garage to coat those rust areas with a reputable rust converter to stop corrosion setting in, mine needs some of that doing as well
I will be don't worry, I usually have off Sunday Monday, college Tuesday Wednesday and work Thursday Friday Saturday. So over the next few weeks my days off and college afternoons will be spent cleaning and addressing issues like that.

Once I've cleaned today I'll put up some before and after pictures as so far all of the pics I have seem to make it appear clean and this is definitely not the case lol.

In regards to the car park it's not the royal centre it was my local asda where I went to find a cassette/aux cable as I can only listen to the radio and cd's for so long lol.

In regards to the cam belt I'll find the invoice later and show you all what was done with it.

Thanks again for all your lovely comments :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the tap on the side of my house for the hose has broken so had to use a paid jetwash elsewhere. It wasn't a full clean that is normally do but managed to wash off the dirt and gave the windows a good lot of rainx so they're easier to do in the future.

I must say she scrubs up well :)c0769fa4cf69ba54699cdc8df753ab60.jpg98a3ad058fcb4a2268ed6957970b8548.jpg3504bcb96136e795c5cda19a44bcbbba.jpg241bf6c3a8241b91f6891b5fe75c7608.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Looks outstanding Connor.

Do look closely at the rear number plate however as it does not seem UK legal to me. Compare it to the front one.

Out of curiosity I looked but can't see anything obvious, nor can I find anything in the rules that immediately stands out, so what have you spotted John?

14 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Out of curiosity I looked but can't see anything obvious, nor can I find anything in the rules that immediately stands out, so what have you spotted John?

There does not seem to be a name at the bottom of the plate ,as there is on the front.

As it currently stands it looks like a made up plate and the driver will run the risk of being stopped by the Police. 

There does not seem to be a name at the bottom of the plate ,as there is on the front.
As it currently stands it looks like a made up plate and the driver will run the risk of being stopped by the Police. 
Yes I noticed that myself, it doesn't have a bsau14d on the bottom corner either.

However it is too large for my liking and will be replaced soon anyway, same for the front.

In regards to being pulled in my last car my front number plate had no bsau14d or makers stamp on the middle, and the rear was technically a motorbike plate. It passed mot each time and even when I had been pulled they never mentioned it too me. I think it's such an insignificant thing to check you'd have to have a major jobsworth get you for that.

This initiative of printing the suppliers name on the number plate was founded by the anti-theft dept ,the main thrust in that the printing of number plates can be taken out of the hands of criminals.

How effective it is will be determined by the police action on unprinted plates ,are there any statistics that can be checked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links