Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for ISF

Just started looking for a new car and the ISF is top of the list. Looking for a facelift with black leather and seen the black one at Madeley Heath Renault Garage. Anyone know anything about it? It seems to have a different dash layout to the others on sale...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706206617863?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

Can anyone recommend any of the others for sale either?

Instrument cluster is same as vast majority of ISF's. Lexus updated to a central tach with digital speedo sometime in 2011.
Unless you mean the center console looks different? That style was introduced around 2010 when they did the suspension refesh, added blue bottom to wheel, etc.
Spec is identical to my '11 plate.
Looks to be a really good price on that IMHO.

That looks a really nice example. My only concern is that the N/S front alloy is the wrong one. First I thought they had made the usual mistake of swapping them over on the axle but the O/S one is the ok.

48 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Instrument cluster is same as vast majority of ISF's. Lexus updated to a central tach with digital speedo sometime in 2011.
Unless you mean the center console looks different? That style was introduced around 2010 when they did the suspension refesh, added blue bottom to wheel, etc.
Spec is identical to my '11 plate.
Looks to be a really good price on that IMHO.

Yeah, got confused with the one at Lexus Ipswich which is newer and has the big central rev counter.

27 minutes ago, stevet said:

That looks a really nice example. My only concern is that the N/S front alloy is the wrong one. First I thought they had made the usual mistake of swapping them over on the axle but the O/S one is the ok.

How do you tell? Is it to do with the raised section on the spokes?

@Nutey Duncan welcome to the forum, 3 have come on the market since Monday but I see you want a face lift car, you need IMO to get yourself a test drive in one any one if you can as ride feel between them is marginal if anything on our 'great surfaced roads ' and is not as bad as journalists have made out.

As regards the wheels they are corner specific so they need to look like this which ever wheel it is........

IMG_0544.thumb.PNG.22edff381eb7f3bd4cadb8dfa5ab2d87.PNG

Sorry about the generic pic but it shows it well, as regards LSD unless you are going to track it it pretty pointless on the road, the conectivity in the later ones is better though.

Good luck with the search any more questions just fire away 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Nutey Duncan welcome to the forum, 3 have come on the market since Monday but I see you want a face lift car, you need IMO to get yourself a test drive in one any one if you can as ride feel between them is marginal if anything on our 'great surfaced roads ' and is not as bad as journalists have made out.

As regards the wheels they are corner specific so they need to look like this which ever wheel it is........

Sorry about the generic pic but it shows it well, as regards LSD unless you are going to track it it pretty pointless on the road, the conectivity in the later ones is better though.

Big Rat

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about test drives but there's nothing very local to me so if I'm travelling I may as well look at one that ticks as many boxes as possible. I'm pretty impulsive on car purchases, especially if it involves a V8! Ideally I'd like a blue or grey one but that black one seems a good price for the mileage...

Anything in particular to look out for apart from the usual tyres, brakes service history etc...

A Cadoxton Slate one has just popped up on AT - again a MY10 one with the LSD at £17450 with 72k miles. Appears to have all the documents in place too and cheaper than the Grey one you've posted already

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710250637403?make=LEXUS&model=IS F&logcode=p

11 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Sorry to be stupid but what is it about the wheel that shows it's correct???

Hi mate, I believe the wheel spokes are like propeller blades pulling hot air out the wheels from the brakes. The thin edge of the spokes should be facing into the normal direction of rotation.

Cheers

Mike

Bit more info here as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/819989-isf-bbs-wheels-help.html

9 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Sorry to be stupid but what is it about the wheel that shows it's correct???

All 4 wheels on the ISF are different. Each has its own part number and location on the car. I imagine that on the above car the N/S/F got damaged and someone not knowing this ordered a new front wheel for an ISF and got the O/S/F instead.

Could be worth checking the suspension for damage too.

23 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

And with each wheel New being around the £1500 mark I don’t suppose the dealer will be sorting that...... but you never know 😉

🐀

Ouch! Was hoping a replacement wheel would be a couple of hundred at most. I can't see the dealer replacing unless they are really desperate for a sale... There's an is250 on eBay with ISF wheels, almost as cheap to get that...

I remember around 2011 when Lexus started offering the optional alloys there were loads of brand new complete sets of the original alloys for sale at around £800. They even had a hard time selling at that price as they don't seem to suffer from the usual Lexus rot.

2 hours ago, Nutey said:

Ouch! Was hoping a replacement wheel would be a couple of hundred at most. I can't see the dealer replacing unless they are really desperate for a sale... There's an is250 on eBay with ISF wheels, almost as cheap to get that...

@Nutey As always all is not lost if you pm @emjay82 on here he has plenty that he wants to move on may have the one you want.

I have only complete sets and I’m a hoarder 😊

Big Rat 

4 hours ago, stevet said:

All 4 wheels on the ISF are different. Each has its own part number and location on the car. I imagine that on the above car the N/S/F got damaged and someone not knowing this ordered a new front wheel for an ISF and got the O/S/F instead.

Could be worth checking the suspension for damage too.

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is exactly what happened to me - incorrect wheel ordered by the repair shop. Now I have 3 correct + 1 incorrect wheel.... until I can get a decent offer for them and I can then slap on a set of lighter aftermarket rims :cool:

Having said that, it certainly doesn't have a negative impact on performance...lol

• 3 weeks later...

Looking again at this one

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706206617863?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

It seems to have the Blue steering wheel section but the old headlights and instruments... Does that mean it would have the LSD and revised suspension or is there a way to tell for sure without jacking it up and spinning a back wheel...