Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake Calipers IS250

I'm looking to replace the rear brake calipers on my IS250, will probably do both O/S and N/S at the same time.

Anyone know of any cheap deals? I think I'd prefer new over refurbs. 

Part numbers would be useful if anyone has them?

Spotted these non-OEM calipers (Apec / Brake Engineering)

https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Lexus/Is250/05-12/Is250 Gse20 2.5 Petrol/Rear - Brake Calipers and Wheel Cylinders

Does anyone have any experience or knowlege of these parts?

Any advice gratefully received.

• Like 2

I've used Brake Parts (based in Rochdale) frequently - always good stuff - never had any problems - efficient mail order service. (I've sometimes called in to their shop.)

Apec are a reputable company (based in Wrexham) - supply all sorts of brake items inc pads and fitting kits (they don't sell direct).

Note that these are refurb calipers and there's a service charge pending return of your old calipers. But they are refurbed to 'as new' condition - don't be put off by that.

PS - always do brake work on both sides at the same time. Parts are often supplied as a front or rear kit so you the parts for both sides in one pack. Calipers supplied singly though.

5 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I'm looking to replace the rear brake calipers on my IS250, will probably do both O/S and N/S at the same time.

https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Lexus/Is250/05-12/Is250 Gse20 2.5 Petrol/Rear - Brake Calipers and Wheel Cylinders

Most calipers are refurbished. Nothing wrong as are good as new for a fraction of the cost. Make sure you get the correct ones solid or vented discs.

5 minutes ago, johnatg said:

I've used Brake Parts (based in Rochdale) frequently - always good stuff - never had any problems - efficient mail order service. (I've sometimes called in to their shop.)

Apec are a reputable company (based in Wrexham) - supply all sorts of brake items inc pads and fitting kits (they don't sell direct).

Note that these are refurb calipers and there's a service charge pending return of your old calipers. But they are refurbed to 'as new' condition - don't be put off by that.

I hadn't spotted that, but you're right they are supplying on an exchange basis.

Just now, bobmc said:

I hadn't spotted that, but you're right they are supplying on an exchange basis.

You can buy them outright, for £300.00 delivered the pair. Either solid or vented on bay. But i would do as john says, grease the calipers up. If all discs are shiny nothing

is seized as a rule. Just be mind full of deep grooves in the discs. Pad wear can be seen through the wheels.

Hi mate, I got brand new modified calipers from lexus liverpool. £79.00 each plus bat. Brand new as well. Well happy. Where do you live.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

@kellogsj Yeah I remember seeing a post you made about replacing calipers where you mentioned Lexus Liverpool. I'm nowhere near but I suppose they would post them.

£79 seems very cheap if they are new, not reconditioned and not an exchange part. Do you think they would still do that price?

• Like 1

[mention=59316]kellogsj[/mention] Yeah I remember seeing a post you made about replacing calipers where you mentioned Lexus Liverpool. I'm nowhere near but I suppose they would post them.
£79 seems very cheap if they are new, not reconditioned and not an exchange part. Do you think they would still do that price?

These are brand new genuine lexus modified calipers. You could phone up and ask them if they would post etc. Let me know what they say.

• Like 1

Just an update, phoned around a couple of Lexus dealerships and Liverpool was the cheapest source.

Have been into an indie and they have serviced the stuck caliper so I will see how that goes for now

Thanks to all that replied

• Like 1

Just an update, phoned around a couple of Lexus dealerships and Liverpool was the cheapest source.
Have been into an indie and they have serviced the stuck caliper so I will see how that goes for now
Thanks to all that replied

I've only just seen this now. I'm glad you got sorted.

• Like 1