Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another one on the bandwagon

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It sounds good - just be prepared to walk away if you get an uneasy feeling. There will be others, but you will have to be very patient!

Cheers @Spacewagon52 I certainly will do. Another plus point on having a mate with me a second opinion will be very welcome.

@Kritter Kristian the ‘X’ Fensport car has been on and off sale once or twice in the last year or two the car was run by Adrian at Fensport as far as I can remember the only mods to it were an Apexi throttle controller and coil over suspension.

Again good luck with the Wiltshire car, feel free to pm for my mobile number if you want any more advice when your with it, I could do with a break from slabbing patios 😊

🐀

• Like 1

[mention=59702]Kritter[/mention] Kristian the ‘X’ Fensport car has been on and off sale once or twice in the last year or two the car was run by Adrian at Fensport as far as I can remember the only mods to it were an Apexi throttle controller and coil over suspension.
Again good luck with the Wiltshire car, feel free to pm for my mobile number if you want any more advice when your with it, I could do with a break from slabbing patios [emoji4]
[emoji232]
Cheers Big Rat. I know we're cross threading it I did check out the fensport isf. It's still on there website after all. The service history just didn't fill me with the most confidence. The chap at the garage selling it wasn't enthusiastic and knocked 400 off without pushing to hard.

May take you up on that offer, taking cars is far better than slabbing. Even more so on a Sunday [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

An update. Not a happy one.

I got a message from the seller yesterday saying he had sold the car to someone else [emoji24]. Gutted as I thought luck was on my side finding what appeared to be a decent example and I was really looking forward to seeing it. I told the seller if I'd have known then I would have viewed Saturday rather than Sunday as I was the first to arrange a viewing. Such a first world problem.

The search continues.

Booo[emoji21]

• Sad 1

I have travelled distance for my last six cars.  It is difficult to react quickly to a newly listed motor when you're not exactly next door.  I've always expressed enthusiastic interest and the offer of a £200 deposit refundable should I not like the car when I view.  In every case the car has been held for me pending my viewing.  With £200 they know you're going to turn up.  My present RX was held for me for 4 days and the dealer had a long list of people to call if I rejected the car.  Ironically, he didn't process the deposit, the fact that I offered it was sufficient for him to judge my level of interest.

If you want something, you have to make it happen !

• Like 2

I have travelled distance for my last six cars.  It is difficult to react quickly to a newly listed motor when you're not exactly next door.  I've always expressed enthusiastic interest and the offer of a £200 deposit refundable should I not like the car when I view.  In every case the car has been held for me pending my viewing.  With £200 they know you're going to turn up.  My present RX was held for me for 4 days and the dealer had a long list of people to call if I rejected the car.  Ironically, he didn't process the deposit, the fact that I offered it was sufficient for him to judge my level of interest.
If you want something, you have to make it happen !
Massively valid point but as it was a private sale I wasn't comfortable giving a deposit. As far as I am aware there isn't a safe process for doing this?

Yeah, I'd be dubious about a deposit in a private sale situation too.  As a private seller you take the money from the first buyer that comes along, done it myself.

Sorry you lost out and hope you find a decent one soon.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd be dubious about a deposit in a private sale situation too.  As a private seller you take the money from the first buyer that comes along, done it myself.
Sorry you lost out and hope you find a decent one soon.
Glad I wasn't missing a trick.

Cheers, hoping it won't be long until I see another one.

The selling rule should always be first to come with the readies gets it! I have waited for people to view and then they did not turn up! Not even a call to say they were not coming.

It depends on the manner and attitude of the buyer to be honest. Good luck, but strike while the iron is hot! If it is a good one it will sell quickly - this applies to most models.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

The selling rule should always be first to come with the readies gets it! I have waited for people to view and then they did not turn up! Not even a call to say they were not coming.

It depends on the manner and attitude of the buyer to be honest. Good luck, but strike while the iron is hot! If it is a good one it will sell quickly - this applies to most models.

You're bang on @Spacewagon52 I just can't seem to get myself and my readies there quick enough! 

[mention=59702]Kritter[/mention] Bad luck Kristian there will always be another, though they do seem to be moving rather quickly of late [emoji106]
[emoji232]
Your not wrong! The secret must be out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links