Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

41 minutes ago, royzels said:

Ebay No  322853681140

No idea why you gave that number and not a link, the number is your personal eBay seller No, nothing I know of eBay searches brings anything up for that number

1 hour ago, Malc said:

found it on an ebay search ok

After reading that I typed in number only & without looking under any specific category search, it's now come up on that method.

15 minutes ago, dendonc said:

After reading that I typed in number only & without looking under any specific category search, it's now come up on that method.

You simply copy the number he gave, paste it into the eBay search box and hit your Enter key.

32 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

it really annoys me when I want to see a bigger picture but the seller hasn't taken that option.

Right now there 9 LS400's advertised, every one of them is in competition with the others, so the odds against all of them is a 9 to 1 against. Tomorrow there maybe more or less either increasing the odds against or lowering them.

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Right now there 9 LS400's advertised, every one of them is in competition with the others, so the odds against all of them is a 9 to 1 against. Tomorrow there maybe more or less either increasing the odds against or lowering them.

What has that got to do with me wanting to see greater and clearer detail in a bigger photo?

The seller has the same username as your LOC username Roy......It is you! :)

Put it in the for sale section on here Roy, as a gold member you are quite entitled to do so and perhaps put some bigger pictures on.

59 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

What has that got to do with me wanting to see greater and clearer detail in a bigger photo?

I haven't  clue but it sounded A1, super good, real class, at the time I wrote it

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Aspen Green it is .............  almost silver but when you compare it to a silver one then clearly it isn't just a straight simple silver

Malc

Then something somewhere is very wrong with the colour guys at the Lexus factory :wacko::biggrin:

agreen.jpg.e116858732743d321c56f328bff806d6.jpg

13 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Then something somewhere is very wrong with the colour guys at the Lexus factory :wacko::biggrin:

agreen.jpg.e116858732743d321c56f328bff806d6.jpg

Nothing "wrong" with the colour it is just their naming. I think mine is called Mist Grey - but it is clearly BLUE! Very odd.

the colour block above misrepresents the true Aspen Green in the " real " .....  or maybe after 22 years mine too has faded BUT I don't think so.

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

the colour block above misrepresents the true Aspen Green in the " real " .....  or maybe after 22 years mine too has faded BUT I don't think so.

Malc

I don't know if the Pantone System extends to car paints (primarily it's for fashions; printers; graphic designers in the corporate world of printed packaging, logos and suchlike) but as this quote from Wikipedia states, "The Pantone Color Matching System is largely a standardized color reproduction system. By standardizing the colors, different manufacturers in different locations can all refer to the Pantone system to make sure colors match without direct contact with one another. "

The Pantone system even provides monitor calibration tools so that you know what you're seeing on your computer screen is the same as what someone else on the other side of the world sees.

A Google search for the colour Aspen Green returns far more results closer to the Pantone colour block than it does to the Toyota/Lexus version of the same-named colour, so rather than that colour block misrepresenting the true Aspen Green, I think David hit the nail on the head - the way Toyota/Lexus have named some of their colours seems to make no sense at all.

But it's still a lovely car  :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sorcerer said:

the way Toyota/Lexus have named some of their colours seems to make no sense at all.

maybe it got confused in the translation from Japanese !

Malc

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Malc said:

ooks a delightful shade of .....  Aspen Green 

Actually that car brings up another variable mentioned on here a few times recently i.e. the mileage when I got it was 240k, it was my first LS but the mileage did not bother me in the slightest, it had been regulary serviced all its life, it was a perfect car, I got it for 900, reason for sale was I wanted a green-black LS, so color change,.

The were comparitivly plenty of LS's of that period for sale all below 1k, now as they get rarer few to non are below 1k