Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone use the voice recognition thing?

Although it wasn't the best feature I used mine occasionally in my old IS. It understood me when I wanted to change the temperature or select home on my the sat nav, for example. On my GS it seems to be a complete pile of pants! Doesn't seem to understand anything I say. There doesn't seem to be much info in the handbook. Does anyone use theirs and if so, how? And any tips to make it usefully easy?

Thanks,
Alan

16 minutes ago, Zotto said:

To have a list of commands, try saying "help" so you can see what it should understand...

Thanks Luigi.  Do you ever use it and if so do you find it useful?

I use it sometimes for playing MP3s or making a phone call, but most of times it does not work well, I thought that in english it worked better than in italian, but it seems not so.

It is utter garbage and completely incapable of understanding anything I say. The Toyota system in my Prius was uncannily perfect at understanding me, albeit with a more limited range of commands, so you'd think Lexus could manage to make something that actually worked.

Mind you, Toyota also make auto wipers that work very well, which is more than Lexus managed when they built my car!

• Haha 1

I only use voice for making phone calls. I find the auto wipers ok but not perfect, buts thats the same with every car I've had. The auto lights are much better and I never find I need to use the lights manually.