Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h 17 reg, screen playing up

Hi, please can somebody advise me why my screen is changing after car been switched off and on? In this instance I used radio and after car been switched off and started again navigation menu comes up instead of radio. I attached pictures below what was before and what came up later. I`m finding it quite annoying because even if the map would pop up - it`s ok, but why menu appears straight away, that means each single time when I`m starting car again I need to press back menu or again set up menu what I want to see... It`s extra movement and it is quite annoying to press extra buttons before you can enjoy the ride. Thanks

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

On my CT there is a setting in the menu where you can choose the default layout - think its under display.  I'm guessing you have the same option.

I can choose just a single display, or a split screen 

14 minutes ago, Mikeyb999 said:

On my CT there is a setting in the menu where you can choose the default layout - think its under display.  I'm guessing you have the same option.

I can choose just a single display, or a split screen 

The default setting isnt available on the new system.

@Finzky - the behaviour you describe is completely normal. The only way you can have the radio showing up on startup is if you use the split screen option on the right under the A/C shortcut button. However, you will still have to go to Menu > Media if you want to click a station.

@rayaans Thanks for your reply and explanation, however I don`t understand why menu pops up, but not just map... I could live with changing screen, but why the heck map switches on with that menu always... a bit annoyed... 

2 hours ago, Finzky said:

@rayaans Thanks for your reply and explanation, however I don`t understand why menu pops up, but not just map... I could live with changing screen, but why the heck map switches on with that menu always... a bit annoyed... 

I dont either - but yes, its normal. You have to press back to get rid of it each time you start the car up

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't there a setting under display that tells the display not to change ? I got really fed up with the constant change from audio [radio] to car [ the power generation display] and I changed one of the settings which I think was under "Display". It wasn't the day mode setting but another one in a longer option list.

The radio setting seems to be kept all the time now, as far as I can see. Now, having said that, I haven't taken the car out since I changed the setting, but I was out with the car when I did change it and on the drive back home through a large town the display didn't change from the radio display to the power display, which it did all the time before. I might try it tomorrow just to see what happens.

Parkman.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, parkman said:

Isn't there a setting under display that tells the display not to change ? I got really fed up with the constant change from audio [radio] to car [ the power generation display] and I changed one of the settings which I think was under "Display". It wasn't the day mode setting but another one in a longer option list.

The radio setting seems to be kept all the time now, as far as I can see. Now, having said that, I haven't taken the car out since I changed the setting, but I was out with the car when I did change it and on the drive back home through a large town the display didn't change from the radio display to the power display, which it did all the time before. I might try it tomorrow just to see what happens.

Parkman.

Not on the facelift models with the new screen

• Like 1