Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Camera Vans

8 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I upset one of these vans a couple of months ago 35 in a 30 and where I got caught is a well-known spot as they can be seen as the road is dead straight but I never saw them so I have come to the conclusion that they are now invisible vans. They offered me a Driver aware course cost £80 and no points on my licence. Rang the insurance co to let them know and they weren't bothered so I took the guys name just in case

Always seems like a real insult when people like us have been driving for probably more years than the people who run these courses!  The system is really unfair, at 5 miles over the limit a first warning would surely be the answer.  Different of course if you were doing silly speeds.

Just watch an episode of police interceptors. Scum steals car, has a few joints, drives around fields, estates, chased by 4 cars and a helicopter at great expense. Released without charge.

Boils my *****.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Just watch an episode of police interceptors. Scum steals car, has a few joints, drives around fields, estates, chased by 4 cars and a helicopter at great expense. Released without charge.

Boils my *****.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

When there is sentencing it appears either too lenient or for some "crimes" too harsh. I imagine this reflects what happens when the cameras are not running.

Agree with above, it seems that if you are decent person with work, family commitments and generally with some public status you will be punished harsher for 10MPH speeding, than some sc***ag for multiple serious offences. The only reason for that is that you care and you have something to loose/they can take it from you. Little sc***y has nothing to loose, nor cares hence goes away with just a warning  for aggravated vehicle taking, criminal damage to property, extreme speeding, dangerous driving etc. etc... 

I did speed awareness course for 52MPH (average) on 50 miles road. It was complete joke, they guy doing it was really fair and was not critical at all. Literally said - "sorry I have to tell you all this and I know this most likely won't change a thing... and see you again in 2 years time". Anyway few points he made:

• 70MPH stopping distance is based on road test conducted in 1931
  • 70MPH national limit is based on "80 percentile" free flowing traffic speed back in 1965 (obviously grossly outdated and arbitrary nowadays)
  • generally all speeds limits are either arbitrary or based on misunderstanding or disinformation

In summary it was interesting, just not for the reasons I have attended it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully nothing will appear now @Big Rat. The ISF has been tucked up in the garage for three weeks now while I've been at my work and I think it'll be staying there for abit longer.

Keep seeing posts on a local Facebook page about coppers hiding behind bushes and buildings with the hand gun so there must be some sort of Operation Christmas bonus going on. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links