Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is220d SE Release Bearing Replacement

acer54

Just had the release bearing replaced under extended warranty, DMF was ok but whilst they had the gearbox removed I had them replace the clutch plates which I paid for, cost me £315.50 which I thought was a good price, usual good service from Lexus Teesside, courtesy car Lexus is300h (which I did not want to give back) and full valet on mine prior to being collected - Well done again Lexus of Teesside!

Excellent result :thumbs_up:

£315.50 isn't a bad price from the dealer.  When I had my clutch replaced (in my case, DMF replaced under extended warranty), they charged me £500 for it, but that was including the release bearing.

£500 is a lot for a clutch but I was very glad I did it when I had problems after the install since they replaced it anyway to make sure it wasn't faulty.  I can imagine that if I had supplied the part myself they would have told me that - if the part was indeed faulty - I would have been liable for the labour.  I hate to think how much that would have been!