Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

T he N.S. rear door has a problem, when I try to open it the catch moves but the door stays locked, has anyone had this problem? If so what do you need to do to fix it, Any information will help me.

Cheers  Norman. 

It sounds like the solenoid in the lock mechanism as stuck and disengaged the handle release.

If all the other doors lock and unlock on the remote locking or manual key locking and this one does'nt it will be the solenoid.

You will need to remove the door card and access the door lock, get a replacement off a breaker as the solenoid will be difficult to service.

Notwithstanding Phil's answer which is probably of more help than my own,  I find that use of the lock/unlock button by the passenger seems to send the system into  turmoil. When the passenger unlocks, invariably the back door won't be unlocked. Perhaps its me not understanding the system.  I'd try all options as regards the internal lock/unlock and then uising the keyfob.

33 minutes ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

T he N.S. rear door has a problem, when I try to open it the catch moves but the door stays locked, has anyone had this problem? If so what do you need to do to fix it, Any information will help me.

Cheers  Norman. 

You`ve not been near that Morrisons` car wash again, have you Norman ?  :):):)

Regards

John

32 minutes ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Cheers John: I don't ever go there anymore even for shopping.

I don`t blame you Norman, once bitten............

I go to Lexus Chester most Saturday mornings, as it is free and pretty good..

Regards

John

Cheers Guys: I have tried all the info you gave me, the child locks are ok, the internal lock/unlock and then the key fob it  works,  I think the lock needs some lubricant I will try that and see what happens.