Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension air pump bushes

mooneyls430

Had an annoying buzzing noise every now and again and traced it to the suspension compressor. 

Required the removal of the drivers side inner wheel arch which is well secured on. 

3 Bushes are easy to get. 2 with 10mm socket and one with 10mm spanner. A little soap and they slid in.  Heres a few pics and the part number. Very cheap from lexus themselves.

20171105_033706.jpg

20171105_030359.jpg

20171105_030407.jpg

20171105_030417.jpg

• Like 1

Good to see some decent photos of the part!  I had the same with mine, so I had the bushes replaced but the pump still rumbled.  I bought a new one from a breakers which still rumbles a bit, but it's much better.  Just out of interest I connected the old one to a Battery, it's not surprising they can be heard though, they make a right old racket when they're uncovered.  

They do kick in often, always when passengers get in, and when slowing down from high speed.

Yep - I have same probem on mine - I bought blue prints bushes and just waiting to find some time to change them - I may take it to a garage since its getting colder outside and as you the wheel arch is well secured

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Yep - I have same probem on mine - I bought blue prints bushes and just waiting to find some time to change them - I may take it to a garage since its getting colder outside and as you the wheel arch is well secured

I was charged £40 for replacing my compressor which I was more than happy with.  I dismantled my old one as I was interested to see how it worked.  Apart from the air receiver, which is basically a cylinder with a fine filter, it has a piston and con rod with a plastic compression ring.  Fairly basic really.  So there are areas that wear, which although not serious, they can cause noise, as I discovered, so it's not always the rubber bushes causing the problem.  The rumble from the compressor was the only negotiating point when I bought mine, which could have put me off buying it, but as I now realise, it's not a big problem.