Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Internal fuse box

thar

I've just fitted a dash cam, which is currently powered by the ciggie lighter socket, but I want to hard wire it to tidy things up. I've bought the kit to do this, but I'm stumped with removing the cover under the glove compartment to access the internal fuse box. Using a flat head screw driver, I pushed the clip up, but still can't get the cover off. Can anyone offer any advice?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Always place a cloth over the screwdriver to soften any contact. These panels are usually tight so a firm careful hand required.

heres mine in place. I wired mine from the 12v supply in the center console so its all out of sight. 

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Yes its is low and not ideal but needed for the rear cam to see out the back porthole lol. No problems driving ,ive had more obstructive airfresheners lol. If i ever got pulled id just move it up for a bit .

power feed from 12v in center consol. I never use it so bought a 12v socket from eBay. Took center consol apart disconnected +/- from socket and connected my bought one into that. Power lead fed around window and under dash and standard 12v push plug into new socket. Again not ideal but i knew how to do that rather than fusebox lol. Been running a year no issues.

everyone does it differently but i wouldnt run without one now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Think I've positioned mine discretely on the third visor. The wires are hidden apart from the connection to the ciggie lighter. Would still like to know how to access the internal fuse box if anyone can help. fba0955749fab4346b736d8ffd8f8867.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2