Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 2007 RX Questions iPhone/Aux? Improve Engine Note - Exhaust/Induction? LED interior light kit?

Hi All

We’re just settling in with the 2007 RX350 Ltd Edition and have a few Q’s?

1) is there an Aux port or can I fit one?

2) has anyone done anything to improve the engine sound? It sounds crap for a V6 so I’m thinking of induction kit or exhaust to make it a little bit better, don’t want anything daft though.

3) has anyone done LED interior upgrade and can tell me what bulbs/kits do/don’t cause issues?

Thanks all.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

1. No idea. I know there isn't one on my 2005 RX300 but yours is 2 years younger and a different model, so maybe, I don't know.

2. Certainly not, that would just be SO vulgar!  :biggrin:  I'm only joking of course, but honestly, if you wanted engine sounds you probably should have gone for one of the sportier Lexus cars rather than an RX that truly is meant to be quiet refinement.

3. I changed all the interior festoon bulbs (both front and back dome lights and all the door/boot/tailgate lights) for LEDs. I think these are the ones I used the C3W ones at 31mm long. It's been over a year since I did them so I can't swear to it but I'm 95% sure they're the ones. You'll find that they fit alright in the dome lights but they're just ever so slightly too long for the door/boot/tailgate housings, so you've just got to slightly bend the contacts in those housings to make the LED bulb fit. Take your old one out and measure it first though, like I said, it's been more than a year since I did mine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grantwils said:

1) is there an Aux port or can I fit one?

If there isn't no doubt GROM do one. I fitted a GROM AUX doo daa to the headunit in my 2002 IS a couple of weeks ago and it sounds great. Much better than streaming Bluetooth to my ears. On mine it connects to the unused CD autochanger socket on the back. I'd imagine it's a similar set up on yours?

http://gromaudio.co.uk/partfinder/product/list/?make=Lexus&model=RX&year=2007-2009

• Like 1

[mention=31433]grantwils[/mention] I turned off the flash on my phone camera and just took a quick picture, hoping to show you what a difference the LED interior lighting makes. Not sure I've captured it properly but it's the best I can do on my phone.

carlight.thumb.jpg.ff33ce99cc5016a48eaf66aed8a2ceb9.jpg

carlight1.thumb.jpg.aca80ad83988be82458dc10309c5af00.jpg

That’s a great help. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1