Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4RX Wiper Blades

Has anyone noticed that the OEM blades are crap?  These are the flat OEM blades which Lexus first introduced on the NX, although I don't see anyone complaining about them. 

Mine are genuinely rubbish - they wipe OK but certainly not as good as the OEM Denso's on the 3RX and they squeak!

Additionally, I thought it may just be the refills wearing out. Tried to get hold of them and they're £20 each!! 

So if its of any use to anyone, I've decided to change to Bosch Aerotwin A089S. These are 26" and 20". The OEM size is 26" and 21" although the 21" looks too close to the cowl for my liking and Bosch, as well as wiperblades.co.uk have confirmed that these are the correct blades for the 4RX.

I agree, they make a very annoying squeak at the top of the tavel after being on constantly for a few minutes, they smear too which isnt great. I have bought Michelin hybrid stealth blades from Costco for £13 the pair but not fitted them yet

4 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

I agree, they make a very annoying squeak at the top of the tavel after being on constantly for a few minutes, they smear too which isnt great. I have bought Michelin hybrid stealth blades from Costco for £13 the pair but not fitted them yet

Yes they do, really annoying. The guys in the US say it's to do with the new flexible arms but I think it's just rubbish blades. 

The Bosch ones cost £16 so we'll see. Had good experiences on wife's previous Merc and sons Golf. 

What size Michelins did you get?

On 11/7/2017 at 7:11 PM, chris_fletcher said:

I got 26" and 21" based on measuring the existing blade length. It remains to be seen how they fare once fitted

You may struggle with the 21" michelins as I believe they do stick out further than the actual rubber insert itself.

Bosch said 20" and wiperblades.co.uk are listing 20" michelin stealth as well which is odd.

Update - so the new Bosch aerotwin blades arrived in 26 and 20" and fitted immediately. They are certainly much better quality than oem blades. Of course the 20" blade leaves half an inch on the passenger side which isn't wiped but it's no longer touching the cowl cover which is good. 

Will update in due course but a  few quick jets of screenwash revealed a nice, crisp wipe with no squeaking at the top end unlike oem.

Overall I'm happy so far. Cost less than 1 refill from Lexus as well - £16.16 for the pair yet Lexus wanted £36 for refills

4 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Rayaans. Based on your comments I re measured the OEM blade and it is ~20 3/4" and is almost touching the cowl cover of the screen so I am taking the 21" blade back to Costco to change for the 20". Thanks for the heads up.

Yes the passenger blade is a funny size and all the companies which do have the 4RX listed say the passenger side is 20" which would make sense

I don't believe the OEM blades are made by Denso anymore - they look more like Trico blades. Not a fan.

Anyhow, need to get some actual rain and test them out!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered some Denso replacements for my 3RX from Euro Car Parts. Both front wipers for £24.89, thanks to their Black Friday deal.

When you think Lexus quoted me £62!

6 hours ago, DanD said:

Just ordered some Denso replacements for my 3RX from Euro Car Parts. Both front wipers for £24.89, thanks to their Black Friday deal.

When you think Lexus quoted me £62!

Use carparts4less next time - same company as ECP but cheaper prices - almost always.

They are £24.38 with NOV12! 

Every little helps!

This particular example is a bad one because its only a few pennies but on some stuff it seems to really add up, especially on Bosch wiper blades.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Use carparts4less next time - same company as ECP but cheaper prices - almost always.

They are £24.38 with NOV12! 

Every little helps!

This particular example is a bad one because its only a few pennies but on some stuff it seems to really add up, especially on Bosch wiper blades.

I read that they are sister companies. Bit like B&Q owning Screwfix I guess

59 minutes ago, Silversalmon said:

I read that they are sister companies. Bit like B&Q owning Screwfix I guess

Ive not really researched into but I thought they were the same company as they tend to use the same shipping methods, have all the same products but just at different prices. They're probably using the same bloody warehouse to get things out of as well because everything from CP4L comes via Heathrow on a plane, same as ECP

Update on this thread - 

Had some horrendous rain - these blades are the best I've ever used - and yes, that includes the Denso hybrid wiper blades on the 3RX

These are extremely quiet, leave no smears anywhere and just get the job done, and at a great price of £16 for both

Be aware that these are OEM volvo xc60 size - dont go for the aftermarket multiclip ones as they tend to fit slightly differently.

All in all, massively chuffed with these blades and they certainly should have come from the factory like this rather than having those rubbish OEM lexus ones

As per previous posts, I am replacing my Bosch Aerotwin with Denso blades. I will be fitting them at the week end. The Bosch blades were great on the RX400h, but not so good on the RX450h.

The Bosch blades are about 6 months old, should anyone want them and so long as you pay for the postage.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

As per previous posts, I am replacing my Bosch Aerotwin with Denso blades. I will be fitting them at the week end. The Bosch blades were great on the RX400h, but not so good on the RX450h.

The Bosch blades are about 6 months old, should anyone want them and so long as you pay for the postage.

They're an absolute boss on the 4RX - probably due to the change of wiper arms to the germanic style ones

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links