Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had 4 tyres fitted, and having paid the bill went outside (In the dark) to drive off in my newly shod car.

Noticed instantly that I had no lights on the centre console, that meant, no clock, no screen, no heating, no aircon.

Waited until I got home thinking, I'll turn off the engine, wait a minute and re start it, confident that all would be well.

WRONG !

No lights on the console, my first thought is, "It's a fuse" 

That I will have to check out tomorrow when it's light.

But !   Any suggestions ?

Could be the ignition switch problem that we have on our mark 4  400s but usually rights itself with a restart.

I renewed mine this year as it was too disconcerting losing everything at 70mph.

1 hour ago, Foulsbane said:

went outside (In the dark) to drive off in my newly shod car.

Noticed instantly that I had no lights on the centre console, that meant, no clock, no screen, no heating, no aircon

If it were me I would have asked them look at it without driving 'off', I would also have turned on any recording devices I had (phone?) and told them after I had turned it (a recording device) that it was recording.

To late for that now but now I would have to take it back and tell them the problem started as soon as you restarted it after their guys had finished, whats the organization/garage who did the tyres? 

I did have a problem many years ago (very late 1980's I think) with Mr Clutch, the bonnet catch of a volvo 360 would not lock (it was working fine before), the manager of the branch said it not their fault, the following day I got on to their head office, they were GREAT, they contacted the branch and told them to go get a bonnet catch from Volvo, they then contacted me back again after a couple of hours, told me to take the car back to branch & it was fixed on the spot, new catch they got from volvo (not far away in 1980's. Maybe you could try that approach but because you drove away and left it at least until now, if they want to be awkward I don't think you have a legal chance to rely on, just their good will.

As far as ''Coincidence or what'' goes, they could say that because you drove away it could have happened at any time between then and now but it was ok when it left them! A question would be, ''Why did you drive it away if you noticed a fault instantly''?

just a thought, probably nothing as i don't know anything about the Ls430 BUT if you have TPMS perhaps that got affected in some manner and caused the hiccup

Malc

Hi Ron

I dont know wether you read the whole linked post but I would get your Battery tested or if possible swap it over with another one to see if it fixes the problem. If that does'nt fix it then you may be looking at replacing the screen with a second hand unit perhaps.

Hi Mark,

It's not just the screen, it's everything that is controlled from the top half of the center console, the buttons below that, height, sports, rear sun screen, they work.

Thought it might have something to do with the display selection on the steering wheel, mode 2 , but no luck there.

It's a newish Battery, so I dismissed that probability.

Cheers.

I think Mark is right. You should check the "new" Battery for voltage.  Been known to get duff batteries or batteries that have not been charged properly after laying on the shelf for years.  What dates are on the Battery?

Usually its impossible to see the Battery ID without removing a cover. Worth checking.

I know it's a different car, but when I removed the alarm fuse from my Volvo it knocked out the centre console, heating, radio and the display.  I guess you've checked the fuses as you've mentioned that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links