Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wind Noise

Does anyone else suffer a wind noise from their is300h's drivers door window?

I'e just noticed that at speeds above 60mph there's a wind noise coming from the top of the drivers door.

I' looking  for both yes there is a wind noise and no not on mine replies.

Many thanks 

Funnily enough, I was driving my other half's IS300h yesterday and noticed a small amount of wind noise from the driver's window. I opened and closed it, a lot of water was dispersed by this action and the noise disappeared.

My conclusion is that the water droplets changed the aerodynamics temporarily and caused the noise. Are you getting this in the dry?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Malcolm I get it in both wet and dry conditions. I did think tho that maybe there's a spec of dirt or similar in the window seal seat. I'l have a look after work. Thanks again.

I don't get any wind noise in the dry but have noticed in the rain that I get a "water" noise from what seems to be the top of the door window - I put it down to the water being caught in a vortex at the top of the window making a sort of bubbling sound - not loud but definitely there - once the rain stops they noise goes away - I tend to quite sensitive to noises in the car and the IS being generally very quiet these little things are more apparent to me than probably another car.

on the Ls400 forum ( and me particularly ) wind noise seeming to come from a closed window or wherever, was " cured " when windscreen was renewed  / re-fixed/seated

Malc

Interesting. I have noticed a kind of spoiler type thing at the top of the door rubber. Same on the passenger side. Makes me wonder if that induces a wind noise at a certain speed.

Thanks again folks. I did notice a big drop in wind noise this morning. It wasn't' raining. Maybe when it rains it gets a wind noise (won't have long to wait for that here lol)

Mine has noise. Not all the time but a few mornings I noticed it. I found a thread talking about a bad seal on the door causing the issue. I’ll see if I can find it. 

Also hear a tapping sound that seems to be coming from front door but hard to pinpoint. 

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Finzky don' get paranoid. The wind noise only happens above 60mph.

Literally come back home 5 min ago, went to mway to double check - nothing. No sound anomalies detected in UK motorway speed limit margins (+/-) .

Stubborn and waiting for rain to test it then, why not...

Funny enough, read today one review from some lady about Lexus experience on trustpilot about noise, oh common guys... really? Got a feeling my next subject of topic will be "I don't like when rain drops falling on my lexus or how to protect paint on my Lexus whilst I`m escaping from aliens".  :)

I believe my car is similar to the IS300h apart from the engine.

I had slight wind noise heading down the M40 past Banbury into the face of Storm Brian last month. It was a whisper in my ear, just a slight one or I may even have imagined it. 

But in normal motorway use - no. 

I've been a long term browser of these forums, but this is my first post amazingly!

Anyhow, I have the same problem in my 2016 IS200T, lots of wind noise from around the drivers door, but only starts at 65mph. Happens whatever the weather conditions. Can't see any visible fault or damaged trim, etc, just thought it wad a foible of the car! Almost reassuring to know its not just mine...

Whats your problem Finzky? This is a genuine thread. The wind noise I'm getting knarked off with is annoying. It will get brought up when I take my car in when they look at my Bluetooth issue.

If they can't or won't resolve it then they'll be having the car back.

My previous premium premier didn't suffer with with wind noise so why should I have to tolerate this car having it.

I had a slight wind noise on my Mk 2 IS which sounded like it was coming from the passenger door. It turned out to be coming from the windscreen seal which had not been replaced properly before I bought the car.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Whats your problem Finzky? This is a genuine thread. The wind noise I'm getting knarked off with is annoying. It will get brought up when I take my car in when they look at my bluetooth issue.

If they can't or won't resolve it then they'll be having the car back.

My previous premium premier didn't suffer with with wind noise so why should I have to tolerate this car having it.

Mr Vlad please don't take it so personally, didn't meant to insult you or your thread. I do agree it's not common about wind noise and nobody died from light banter.

Be well.

• Like 1