Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon to be IS-F owner

Welcome to the club... excellent choice you will not regret it. They are Half the maintainance cost compared to the german rivals and much much more robust.

Light interior should deflect the sunlight, so you car should be slightly quicker lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

Welcome to the club... excellent choice you will not regret it. They are Half the maintainance cost compared to the german rivals and much much more robust.

Light interior should deflect the sunlight, so you car should be slightly quicker lol.

Thanks, its been very welcoming and helpful, from everything ive read it sounds like Lexus built these cars like tanks, that factor and its rarity attracted me, maybe it will be a future classic.  I  do intend to keep this car as a long termer, i do lowish milage (<10k pa) so fingers crossed my main worries will be fuel/tyres and routine servicing.

Ill get the car on Sunday morning, i can't wait, just hoping for a dry day!

• Like 2

@paul99Just to sooth some of your fears fuel consumption,I had 34mpg once................. yep that's it once 😁

Tyres I can get a set of OEM Bridgestones fitted for six hundred notes, some on here go posh and buy Michelin and such like 🙄😂😂

Servicing well if it's under warranty with the 'Big Lexi' you'll just have to take it on the chin but to be honest it ain't that bad 👍

Value wise show me a better rival and I'll show you a liar 🤥 

Big Rat

• Like 2

Id agree.. under warranty id stick with dealers as i plan on doimg this with my GS300h.

But on the ISF i have no warranty on and tbh i have no intention of getting it serviced by them unless they give me a big smile discount. My car has been looked after by toyotec in Lincon for the last 6yrs of its life after couple of Lexus visits, and their prices would you believe are same as Dealers :confused1:, otherwise i would have gone to them again (mainly for a stamp).

My dad all his life worked on Toyota's and ive picked up invaluble experinece. Im planning to do all the services myself and keep the receipts to prove the work has been done at a fraction of the price dealers charge.

I noticed people value receipts more then a stamp in a book. Some may disagree.

Sorry that was slightly of topic.

• Like 2

@Ace8800You're someone who has gained a fair bit of knowledge now of these cars being a serial buyer 😁

Its invaluable to get to know your car the feel and have the ability to recognise when she's not herself 😏

And I agree entirely receipts in conjunction with the stamps invaluable.

Big Rat

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

Id agree.. under warranty id stick with dealers as i plan on doimg this with my GS300h.

But on the ISF i have no warranty on and tbh i have no intention of getting it serviced by them unless they give me a big smile discount. My car has been looked after by toyotec in Lincon for the last 6yrs of its life after couple of Lexus visits, and their prices would you believe are same as Dealers :confused1:, otherwise i would have gone to them again (mainly for a stamp).

My dad all his life worked on Toyota's and ive picked up invaluble experinece. Im planning to do all the services myself and keep the receipts to prove the work has been done at a fraction of the price dealers charge.

I noticed people value receipts more then a stamp in a book. Some may disagree.

Sorry that was slightly of topic.

Must confess, I dislike dealers, don’t trust dealers AND won’t pay dealers, my F is looked after using genuine Lexus parts and IS done correctly, knowing the person is a must, therefore trusting them to do the job, several occasions dealers have been caught out NOT doing what’s required, like they say “each to their own”

• Like 1

Well done looks great, I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage, I have had one with 120k on the clock and my current with 94k, if you couldn't see the odometer then you'd easily convince yourself that the car had done many less miles. Enjoy.

• Like 2

I took delivery of the car yesterday, have done around 150 miles so far. I definitely think I made the right decision, I absolutely love it!  It's like it has a split personality, quiet, comfortable and refined driven normally, then it sounds and goes like muscle car when you put your foot down. I thought my little MX5 was quite quick, this thing just keeps on going! Also love the stereo, sounds awesome, In a different league to any I've had before. 

I went to see my local Lexus dealer today, now booked in for the passenger airbag recall next week and they are going to give it a general check over at the same time. It's going to need a new front tyre at some point and the MOT noted the front pads were getting a bit low so I might need a bit of help sourcing the right bits at a decent price soon. 

• Like 2

@paul99 Paul well done fella pleased for you, remember us all though we will need our visual fix so Pictures pictures 🤗

brake pads no need to pay the dealer prices there are plenty of other brembo alternative suppliers, got and did my own fronts for £80.00 all in a couple of weeks ago.

Big Rat

13 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@paul99 Looking good 😛

Think you can make the Cosford meet ?

🐀

I do have some family stuff to do on Sunday morning so i doubt i would be able to make it for 10am, how long do the meets usually run for, would there be any point in turning up at 11-11:30?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul99 said:

I do have some family stuff to do on Sunday morning so i doubt i would be able to make it for 10am, how long do the meets usually run for, would there be any point in turning up at 11-11:30?

@paul99Paul there will be plenty of us left way after that time.............. Cake............ well that's another matter 😂

🐀