Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you have had the car regularly serviced by Lexus then you should have no problems with a claim. A water pump failing after 52,000 miles cannot be classified as 'wear and tear'.

Apparently water pumps on the IS are usually good upto about 90-100k so assuming the same sort of materials used and quality control then this does seem rather early!!

paul m.

I had a mot yesterday it passed OK but it needs new caliper's and a water pump its got full service history they said the calipers were covered under the warranty but they weren't sure about the water pump fingers crossed

The water pump should be.  The lady at lexus UK told me everything that isn't designed to wear during it's operation on the car is covered.  Things designed to wear include brakes, clutch etc.  Oh and shock absorbers!!?.  Apart from that everything else is covered!

That aside, I think you should be fine with a waterpump and if not you should kick up a fuss!

On 11/8/2017 at 12:53 PM, Fireblade1 said:

I had a mot yesterday it passed OK but it needs new caliper's and a water pump its got full service history they said the calipers were covered under the warranty but they weren't sure about the water pump fingers crossed

Does it really need new calipers? 

Or are the slider pins just dried out?  In which case, it's a cheap fix :wink3:

The 'new calipers' gag seems to be a regular revenue stream for dealers.

Not that you'll care much if the calipers are covered under the warranty.