Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My RR-Racing Supercharger Build

3 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

So......... results are in from the dyno.................

Have a video, but won’t upload!

I can’t stop smiling! Lol. :yahoo::thumbup1:

E125BC24-DBCB-4957-92B6-80B8F6504A04.jpeg

WTF?????????????????  Amazing.  1st dibs if you ever come to sell her ;-)

11 minutes ago, Dar said:

Hi @Peter P18 - I must echo my utter amazement in what you have achieved! That's some very impressive numbers! I think the chassis and gearbox on the ISF's can handle the power! not sure about traction, but, I bet it will put a grin on your face!! I am impressed! Great quality of work also by the garage! see you around fella!

@Dar Hi Derrick hope you and yours are good 😊 

Big Rat

11 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Congrats mate, awesome achievement :w00t: 

Thanks Maz, your turn next my friend! :yes:

To answer Dav's question about what it means, if you consider the LF A produces 552bhp, mine is now making more than that. :driving:

Whilst I wouldn't compare the two (lets remember what an LF A costs!), it's just amazing to think this supercharger has given me an increase of 168bhp.

Couldn't be happier with the results. Lee and his team at SRD have outdone themselves. Really can't find the words to thank them for their efforts, truly amazing stuff! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Those figures are VERY impressive and I'd be over the moon with such a substantial boost.

I bet you can't help but smile every time you squeeze the loud pedal.

How is the car handling this extra power/torque?

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

Those figures are VERY impressive and I'd be over the moon with such a substantial boost.

I bet you can't help but smile every time you squeeze the loud pedal.

How is the car handling this extra power/torque?

Hi Lee,

Thanks, I am indeed struggling to stop smiling at the results. Lee and his team did a great job installing everything, the kit itself was very comprehensive from RR-Racing, so can't forgot to say a huge thanks to Rafi and Simon for their part in this. :thumbsup:

I've not driven the car as yet unfortunately, still waiting for the green light from Lee to go and collect it. Don't think they are far off finishing it, just a few minor tweaks required.

The car should handle the increased power without any real issues. I took the precaution of adding both the gearbox cooler and a further engine oil cooler to keep things nice and cool during operation. Rafi/RR-Racing have been using this setup on their shop demo car for a while now with no issues whatsoever. When you consider these results were achieved using just 0.5bar of boost, it's even more impressive. :yes:

Getting enough traction could prove to be the trickiest part. I am waiting for some feedback from the States on whether I can increase the size of my current tyres (rears mainly), but will probably look at changing out the wheels for something more substantial at a later date. Would mean doing some work on the wheel arches, as well as adding some suspension components so we can adjust the camber etc, but will have to see how it goes in that respect.

I also plan to add a proper LSD (RR-Racing are offering some Cusco units I might try) and change out the current BC BR coilovers for a set of the Penske's that RR-Racing offer.

Will be sure to report back from time to time so people know how the car is coping with everything, but signs suggest it should be fine. :smile:

• Like 1

Ah sorry, i 'presumed' that you'd already grabbed it from the hands of the spanner monkeys and been driving it constantly ever since! 

It good to know that this set-up on low boost has been used without issues for a while by RR-Racing.  It's really quite compact and is obviously a very trick set-up.

Fitting larger coolers was wise, monitor the temps closely for a while until you get familiar with the mod's.  Although Blighty isn't often troubled by high ambient temps so you're not likely to be on the limit.

Traction will no doubt be your battle so I'd at least want a sticky pair of rears waiting to go on.  I'm not so sure about wider tyres tho unless traction on cold/damp roads is really, REALLY bad.

Good luck and well done.

Btw did you do any type of compression test on the engine before installing the SC?

I remember only one guy having an issue after he installed his SC because it had a leak or something...can't really remember. 

3 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Btw did you do any type of compression test on the engine before installing the SC?

I remember only one guy having an issue after he installed his SC because it had a leak or something...can't really remember. 

Hey Maz, no, didn't get a compression test done in the end. The fact there has as you say only been one case where this was an issue (guy used nitrous, drag raced his car a lot) mean't I didn't see much point! The dyno results proved I had a healthy motor to start with. If there had been any spikes or issues when we did the first dyno pre-install, I would have asked Lee to do a compression check. :thumbsup:

Morning All,

So got the message from Lee I’ve been waiting for yesterday afternoon, car is ready for me to collect! :yahoo:

He’s getting it cleaned up this morning, and I’m hoping to sneak off at lunchtime to collect it. Will take a half day holiday obviously, but think it’s worth it! Lol.

If I’m lucky should get away before the rush hour, but we’ll see.

Need to fill up (luckily there is a Shell garage in spitting distance of SRD), but to say I’m a little excited about my first drive with the supercharger installed would be a massive understatement! :wink3:

Roll on lunchtime! :thumbup:

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

He’s probably still driving around with a massive grin on his face :biggrin:

i must admit, I would be too!

Yeah, I suspect you may be right there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonP said:

And how did it go?????

Went well, not much opportunity to open it up, but had one good stamp on the loud pedal........... WOW!!!!! Lol. :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Mattmech said:

He’s probably still driving around with a massive grin on his face :biggrin:

i must admit, I would be too!

I was, but at the speed limit in plenty of traffic sadly! :wacko:

32 minutes ago, JonP said:

Yeah, I suspect you may be right there....

Didn’t set off till quite late, busy chatting with Lee at the valeters. Had another IS F owner come down to see the car as well which was a touch, great to meet you Ricky, hopefully see you again at a meet or two...... :thumbup1:

Car is safely tucked up in the garage again. Next trip will be Friday night, can’t wait! :driving:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Went well, not much opportunity to open it up, but had one good stamp on the loud pedal........... WOW!!!!! Lol. :yahoo:

I was, but at the speed limit in plenty of traffic sadly! :wacko:

Didn’t set off till quite late, busy chatting with Lee at the valeters. Had another IS F owner come down to see the car as well which was a touch, great to meet you Ricky, hopefully see you again at a meet or two...... :thumbup1:

Car is safely tucked up in the garage again. Next trip will be Friday night, can’t wait! :driving:

@Peter P18 None of us are jealous....... we’re not........we’re really........not........🤥

🐀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

And you Pete, cheers for letting me pop round and have a look. Car looks stunning and Lee and the lads have done a great job on the install.

Just following you for that short period, really shows how much our car's are in need of an exhaust. So much potential, yet they are so quiet stock. 

Thanks for making my spreadsheet with mod ideas, longer and longer!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

And you Pete, cheers for letting me pop round and have a look. Car looks stunning and Lee and the lads have done a great job on the install.

Just following you for that short period, really shows how much our car's are in need of an exhaust. So much potential, yet they are so quiet stock. 

Thanks for making my spreadsheet with mod ideas, longer and longer!!

Indeed, guess it’s important to remember Lexus took a big gamble with the IS F, performance cars weren’t their thing by any means, so I guess they played safe by sticking to some of their inherent qualities. One being the quietness of their cars. They’ve certainly improved with the soundtrack for the RC F and GS F, but I agree the stock exhaust on our cars is too quiet. The exhaust manifolds are also very poorly designed as Lee was telling you today. 

As for your spreadsheet, if it’s any consolation I’m still nowhere near done with mine yet! Lol. :wink3: